SymphonyX and Kamelot, The Best of Metal

Originally posted by Liquid Tension

I'm probable a generation older then most out here and I never heard the term "pretty deep fans" before and I was hoping that you could enlighten me to it's meaning?:confused:

Thanks......

S'cuse me, I almost forgot. I used the term "deep fans" because I
kinda got sick of always saying "hardcore fans", "diehard fans", "music lovers" like that. "Deep fans" sounds better, not so hardcore LOL. So much for the enlightenment.

Well, I guess, my age is already known at the forum, so I guess, you know how old I am. ;) How old are YOU, then?

Originally posted by Lady Of The Snow

Well, I guess, my age is already known at the forum, so I guess, you know how old I am. ;) How old are YOU, then?

Thanks for explaining that to me. I have no idea how old you are because I'm here to find out about new bands so I don't get into many of the personal types of discussions. I'm 38 which would make one of the oldest people in the Opeth section.

Originally posted by †Russel Allen†®
Well... let's see... Kamelot had a great singer in its early days... but the music was a little poor... now, their music is awesome, but their singer (Roy Khan) sucks!!! :p

You think Roy Khan sucks!?!?!?!? :confused:

"Morning On Earth" is a beautiful song, btw.

Originally posted by †Russel Allen†®
Well... let's see... Kamelot had a great singer in its early days... but the music was a little poor... now, their music is awesome, but their singer (Roy Khan) sucks!!! :p

Why does Roy suck?
He has a crystal clear voice, can hit the high notes, is pretty much awesome live, his voice never fails him, I guess; he is able to express a song with a lot of emotion and feeling, and one can actually believe him that he's actually singing and what he is singing comes from the heart, not the purse ;)

Beginning with Conception, where he was awesome. Kamelot can be very happy to have such a wonderful frontman.

My female 2 cents.

Blasphemer!!! my mouth dropped when i read that

How can Roy Khan suck?!!! He has one of the most amazing voices in music today. He sings with emotion and honesty, i may get slammed now but, i personally like him more than Russell (though Russell is still godly). I think he has more range and the most unique voice i have ever heard.

You must listen to Conception (my favorite of theirs is In Your Multitude), one of my favorite bands of all time, and i almost guarantee you will change your mind.

Originally posted by Soul of Ice
Blasphemer!!! my mouth dropped when i read that

How can Roy Khan suck?!!! He has one of the most amazing voices in music today. He sings with emotion and honesty, i may get slammed now but, i personally like him more than Russell (though Russell is still godly). I think he has more range and the most unique voice i have ever heard.

You must listen to Conception (my favorite of theirs is In Your Multitude), one of my favorite bands of all time, and i almost guarantee you will change your mind.

I won't slam you... Khan is definately in my top 10 vocalists... amazing voice... with lots of emotion...

I love Kamelot... and I LOVE CONCEPTION!!!!!!

I agree that Khan has an exellent voice and I think he sounded great in Conception!

Is the original singer any good? I've only listened to the Khan stuff.

Thanks.....

Originally posted by Liquid Tension
I agree that Khan has an exellent voice and I think he sounded great in Conception!

Is the original singer any good? I've only listened to the Khan stuff.

Thanks.....

Mark Vanderbilt sounded like Midnight from Crimson Glory.

Originally posted by Demonspell
Agreed, Conception was a great band, and In Your Multitude is one of the most underrated albums of the past decade.

This disc has passed the all important "test of time" for me. I'm also looking forward to the new Ark( I thought they just had a release) and Zero Hour (same with them).

Thanks for the input about the earlier Kamelot disc.

What?!?!??! C'mon, good people... I saw a RealPlayer video live presentation of Kamelot at Wacken... that guy Khan couldn't reach a tone level that I can reach when I'm sleeping! Not counting that he doesn't have the agressiveness that Sir Russel haves...

Originally posted by Lady Of The Snow

Dammit! Yes, that's why I've come back LOL
I forgot to mention that - me female, so forgive me :)

You're forgiven. Actually, it's been my experience that a female never forgets, even the tiniest things. :)