Tattoos?

Getting a band related tattoo is quite a bad idea in my opinion, especially if it's a band that you've been listening for just a short time. After few years when you don't listen the band anymore, it's probably annoying to have to carry that tattoo for the rest of your life.

That's why I was thinking of getting a COB-influenced tattoo, rather than having it blatantly obvious. I have horror-themed tattoos already (out of a love I've had for horror movies since I was basically a toddler), so having some sort of reaper themed tattoo would fit in nicely.

I don't think I would EVER spell out a band's name on my skin, no matter how long I'd been listening to them, or what they meant to me. That's just my personal thought though. I've seen some really cool band tattoos, but I'm always left to wonder what that person will think of their tattoo in ten years down the road. (When talking about kids who don't even look old enough to have a tattoo are sporting a bunch of them.)

I'm not really a big fan of tattoos.
I'm probably never gonna get one because it would always feel like my skin is constantly dirty or something.

It doesnt really feel like this :D At least I dont feel like my skin is dirty.

I'm not really a big fan of tattoos.
I'm probably never gonna get one because it would always feel like my skin is constantly dirty or something.

I'm not a big fan of tattoos too, but I have a small scar on my right leg. For me it's ugly, so I need a small tattoo over it...

I've been pondering the idea of a COBHC tatto.

Aww, the ultimate cliche!
However!

In a way, the acroymn COBHC represents Children of Bodom the band. But to me, it stands for the community of fans behind the band. The union of passionate fans. That is why i would get it done.

Yay or nay, thoughts.

I've been pondering the idea of a COBHC tatto.

Aww, the ultimate cliche!
However!

In a way, the acroymn COBHC represents Children of Bodom the band. But to me, it stands for the community of fans behind the band. The union of passionate fans. That is why i would get it done.

Yay or nay, thoughts.

why are you even concerned with what other people have to say on the matter? It's YOUR tattoo. you decide. if you love it, and it will always represent your thoughts/beliefs, then go for it. even if it just represents a certain moment in your life. it would still represent a part of you.

why are you even concerned with what other people have to say on the matter? It's YOUR tattoo. you decide. if you love it, and it will always represent your thoughts/beliefs, then go for it. even if it just represents a certain moment in your life. it would still represent a part of you.

Beat me to it. Don't ask someone whether you should get it, ask yourself. There will always be people that say no and just beat you down about it, but if it's really want, you'll beat yourself for not getting it because you'll worry what these people on a forum will think...

Beat me to it. Don't ask someone whether you should get it, ask yourself. There will always be people that say no and just beat you down about it, but if it's really want, you'll beat yourself for not getting it because you'll worry what these people on a forum will think...

+1

It's the same with people that say: I want a tattoo but it hurts. Ok, then don't get one! Either take the "pain" or leave it.

^ That's the first question I usually get asked when someone sees my tattoos. "Did they hurt?"
Personally, I thought they were just more of an annoying feeling than actually hurting, but I guess some people have no pain tolerance.

I always tell people that if you have any doubt about getting a tattoo, don't get it.

When you are sure, and only when you are sure, should you get a tattoo.

I have a Tool tat on my right calf and I get negative comments and positive comments about it. "You know you won't like them in five years." Well, It's been more than 5 years, I still love em and it means more than just the band.

So like someone else said, get for your reason, not someone elses.

I have 6 tattoos right now, and I don't regret a single one of them. It's addicting, and I'm planning at least 3 more right now. I want to get a Reaper done, but I haven't really settled on one yet. I'm also getting a custom tatt drawn up for me, but it has nothing to do with any bands at all, really. I say if you want it, go for it. It's your body, who cares what anyone else thinks?

I just figured i'd ask for an opinions from COB fans. The COBHC term is used in alot of different ways.

Its definetly something i love to represent. And its definetly for me, not anyone else.