TESTAMENT CONFIRMED FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2008

wow...let me guess...this is someone who post here under a different name.
I can care less if people like me or not. I refuse to kiss ass and suck up and I will always voice my opinion. And I think Elvenking is a far better band that Testament. I like Testament but I think Elvenking are a better band. Testament havent done anything worth while in over a decade.

I can care less if people like me or not. I refuse to kiss ass and suck up and I will always voice my opinion. And I think Elvenking is a far better band that Testament. I like Testament but I think Elvenking are a better band. Testament havent done anything worth while in over a decade.

But they will bring more people to the fest than Elvenking. If you went to the average metal concert and asked fans "who do you want to see more, Testament or Elvenking?" you'd probably hear more in favor of Testament.

The only time you'd hear votes in favor of Elvenking would be at the Paganfest show, where it's all folk-styled metal. Or maybe in Europe - but last I checked, Chicago was smack-dab in the midwest USA.

It doesn't matter who is the better band. It is about who will bring the most people in and stay true to the promoter's vision of what the festival is. Testament will more draw people to the festival than Elvenking. Elvenking is scheduled to perform at ProgPower about 4 months after CPF. Many of the people that would have traveled in to see them are the ProgPower crowd. They will just wait to see them at ProgPower a few months later. For me, I have to travel to this show if I want to go. Testament makes me want to travel, Elvenking doesn't since I can see them in a few months.

Wow... Just wow... What a stellar fest. Chicago Fest will hopefully be the Wacken Open Air that the states needs.

Only if they remove the roof from the Pearl Room. :loco:

And, would the name then be Chicago Open Air Fest - Ch.O.A.F. ?

Testament are a great draw but not the draw that people are expecting. There isnt even going to be enough buzz before the disc is out and when the show is. So most people wont even be able to get to hear the new songs before they even play them live. I think it is great that they got Testament. It definetly puts this show up there in the fest market. More so than Atheist and Lethal. Already it is a solid show with Suidakra and Testament. Plus the pagan fest on thursday. This is going to be a solid weekend.

I wonder if the new Testament record will sound anything like The Gathering since it's not the same line up. Dave Lombardo played a huge role on how that record sounded. We'll see.

I completely agree...IMO their best album since "Practice..." & anyone who doesn't at least think it's in the Top 2 or 3 since then was never really a Testament fan to begin with.

Could you clarify what you mean by 'top 2 or 3 since then'? Is that overall of all their albums or just since "Practice"? Because although I am a huge Testament fan, I think "The Gathering" is their most overrated album by far. I thought that album should have been phenomenal with the lineup of guys they had on it, but aside from the song "Eyes Of Wrath" (great song), that album never clicked. I think "Low" is a much better album, IMO.

All that said, great job getting them for the fest. I think they'll definitely draw some peeps.

:headbang:

Nice!! I was out of town for the holidays, so this is news to me...

A headlining Testament set sounds ace.
I never saw them as a headliner.
Also, never saw them with Skolnik.

nope, actually she's posting as herself and is another close friend of ours whose button you finally pushed into breaking her silence....what can you do? :p

Congrats Bob, you've just gained another admirer. :lol:

You know you have problems when WOMEN start calling you a cunt. :lol:

I saw them with Nuclear Assault and Savatage.

Yeah, I regret missing them with Vio-Lence at the Vic.
If I recall, Voi Vod were to headline, but canceled.

Only time I saw Testament was on Halford's Metal Gods tour, where they had AWFUL techincal problems that cut into their set drastically, unfortunately.

Chuck Billy performing "Into The Pit" at the end of Dragonlord's 2002 headlining Milwaukee Metalfest set was pretty sweet, and woke up the remaining 50 or so people who actually stuck around til 2AM to see it..

Could you clarify what you mean by 'top 2 or 3 since then'? Is that overall of all their albums or just since "Practice"? Because although I am a huge Testament fan, I think "The Gathering" is their most overrated album by far. I thought that album should have been phenomenal with the lineup of guys they had on it, but aside from the song "Eyes Of Wrath" (great song), that album never clicked. I think "Low" is a much better album, IMO.

All that said, great job getting them for the fest. I think they'll definitely draw some peeps.

:headbang:

Yeah...I meant since Practice. For example, for me it would be The Gathering, Low, Souls of Black. You really need to go back & listen to The Gathering. I kinda know what you mean by it not "clicking" at first, but when I went back to it later, I loved it!

And thanks! :kickass:

Yeah...I meant since Practice. For example, for me it would be The Gathering, Low, Souls of Black.

For me:

1. Low
2. Souls Of Black (universally panned for no good fucking reason at all...)
3. The Ritual (barely Metal but still melodically brilliant).
4. Demonic (Death Metal and still damn good).

A distant #5: The Gathering.

You really need to go back & listen to The Gathering. I kinda know what you mean by it not "clicking" at first, but when I went back to it later, I loved it!

Trust me Bro, it's been done. And done. And done again. I just don't personally think that it's a particularly well-written album. It just doesn't win for me. Kind of like a Metal version of the NY Yankees of the last 5 years. They got all the parts to be awesome put just end up going nowhere.:)

And thanks! :kickass:

No actually, since you have Testament playing with Alex Skolnick in the Chicago area, believe me, the thanks go right to the three of you guys. Awesome.

:worship:

Just get them to play more then the 60-some minutes that they did on the "Live In London" DVD. Please...:)