The Andy Sneap Forum freeware directory!

-Gavin-

Gavornator
Jul 21, 2003
Oulu, Finland
I know this should technically be equipment but i'm going somewhere with this.

I know a lot of you, like myself have your favourite commercial plugins and such but i, like i'm sure a lot of you, also like using some cool freeware effects and i do know for certain there are some freeware pro audio tools that rival/kick the ass off of a few select pay for ones.

I then propose that if there is enough interest, i can set up a freeware directory where people can upload tried and tested VST effects that are KNOWN to be good for what we do. (Since most of these freeware directories are based around synths and stuff a lot of us never use), it would be nice to get a go-to place for metal production but also for everythign else that we do here.

If there is enough interest, i'll set up an automated upload system and such....

Let me know Lads and Lasses(If we have any?)...

That's a good idea, since the people here probably have a general idea on what's actually good and what's not. It would also save the trouble of browsing through countless less useful plugins to find a few good ones. That's the problem with most of the plugin sites with huge databases of general use plugins (for example KVRAudio, which kicks ass if you have the time to search and try lots of different ones).

right, if you's are up for it, i'll set it up once i'm finished rhythm guits for this song (Glenn, this is 3 out of 4 (with electrics) done! haha)

Always read user licenses (or ask the dev) before uploading something (to not to piss off the good guys which freeware developers definitely are).

I doubt any would mind, given that it is not modifying their software, using it for commercial gain or passing it off as our own...

It's just gonna be used as a source for the software.

Ever been told about an awesome plugin, gone to the site and the developer has not paid their hosting bills?
:lol:

I doubt any would mind, given that it is not modifying their software, using it for commercial gain or passing it off as our own...

I only said to read the licenses because there may be something like this inside:

Gmulti license said:
These plug-ins may only be distributed by the official GVST
website, or by parties explicitly given permission by the
developer.

http://www.gvst.co.uk/gmulti.htm