The "are these guys any good?" thread

Personally I believe that Out From The Dark is better, though, even if it doesn't have that nice cover. Dawn of the Blackhearts is a live bootleg recorded at two different occasions (1986 and 1990 or something like that) and Out From The Dark is a live (rehearsal probably) recording done ??? (Sometime before Dead killed himself) with quite good sound and all. Out From The Dark was released in two editions; Red background limited to 800 I think, and gold backbround limited to 1000 (which I have).

The Year of Our Lord
Beyond the SIxth Seal
The National Acrobat
Hope and Suicide
Blood and Time

anyone know if they are any good or if they suck? I know TYOOL and BTSS are melodic black metal from the USA. However, BTSS has members of grind/death greats The Red Chord. I've heard BTSS is melo-black/death with a guttural grind singer. Sounds interesting. TYOOL is supposedly is melo-black with a very small hardcore edge. Their last one was released on Willowtip, so it can't be that bad.

Haven't heard anything from the others. Blood and Time is a Neurosis side project. Hope and Suicide is a Bloodlet side project. Don't know much about National Acrobat.

spaffe said:
think they play some aggressive thrash metal in the vein of the haunted if i'm not completly misstaken, and have received some pretty good reviews, haven't heard them myself though
Stampin' Ground are nowhere near as good as The Haunted. This shit is more like Hatebreed - you know, where every song is 'middle of the road', doesn't ever get brutal or intense as such, doesn't display any excelllence in its riffage (although the track "Dead from the Neck Up" is brilliant I must admit), no blistering guitar solos (considering it's borderline thrash), and almost every song sounds identical to the next.

Needless to say, we've had the promo for a while, and I can't get a volunteer to take this crud. So off to NAD it goes. :D

I've always heard Stampin' Ground compared to Slayer in the intense-riff-area. Haven't heard SG myself.

I love Graveland, but found Lord Wind to be kinda tedious. It's good for background music, though. But if you're big on neo-folk, Lord Wind might be your thing.

I've only heard one song and it was good. If you liked Burzum's last two albums you'll probably like it. Sounds somewhat more professional than those sound-wise though.

Yeah, sure. "Höstmörke" is great and better than "Vinterskugge", which has some good songs but is very uneven, considering the release is composed of one new album and at least two demos tacked onto the end. If you want "Vinterskugge", I can probably sell/trade you my re-release in slipcase as I recently acquired the original version. "Höstmörke" is my recommendation for first album though.