The Best Death Metal Band

popular music IS the best music... if youre Tipper Gore. Hey wait a second I bet thats who this assholes working for... ITS A CONSPIRACY!!! first they go after Howard Stern... now theyre trying to get us to worship their beutiful almighty Opeth and their saviour's In Flames... wait a minute this reminds me of the Christian Reign of Terror... fucking FCC

Well i actually like a lot of rap and pop music. I don't think they are the best, but i can explain why they are the most popular. Pop music involves more than just music, since many people like britney spears, for example, not because of her music, but because of the way she looks and dances. I sincerely hope that you don't think in flames fan's only like them because of their moves on the dance floor.

Rap music is similar. People like it because its "cool". Plus there is a lot of good rap music, too. I think its why many of you like some of the heavier death metal. It may not sound as good ( that is obviously debatable though ) but it may seem more cool to listen to.

Stealer of Dreams said:
When are you going to realize that nobody cares what you think? Everybody has heard In Flames and Opeth. Opeth puts me to sleep, and it'd take about two hours to download one of their songs on my 56k, so I'm not going to. Some random moron on a message board is not going to make me change my mind. Now shut up.

well i guess your right, nobody does care, and i am pretty much giving up. But you should care. I think you would like In Flames and Opeth if you heard the right songs, the same ones im telling you to download that you haven't heard. Of course by now you would probably have your mind made up taht you don't like it before you listen to it, just because you hate me so much. lol.

Caelum Adustum said:
Mekane = Fag

yea, someone else told me to shut up, too. Why you guys hate me so much? I have the feeling i should have stopped posting here a while ago, but i keep having to reply to stupid remarks, like the one (i think you said this) where someone said korn sounds like in flames.

mekane said:
yea, someone else told me to shut up, too. Why you guys hate me so much? I have the feeling i should have stopped posting here a while ago, but i keep having to reply to stupid remarks, like the one (i think you said this) where someone said korn sounds like in flames.

You should have stopped posting here, and yes new In Flames does indeed sound like Korn.

mekane said:
Rap music is similar. People like it because its "cool". Plus there is a lot of good rap music, too. I think its why many of you like some of the heavier death metal. It may not sound as good ( that is obviously debatable though ) but it may seem more cool to listen to.

Listening to metal makes people hate me more than it makes them think I'm "cool".

mekane said:
well i guess your right, nobody does care, and i am pretty much giving up. But you should care. I think you would like In Flames and Opeth if you heard the right songs, the same ones im telling you to download that you haven't heard. Of course by now you would probably have your mind made up taht you don't like it before you listen to it, just because you hate me so much. lol.

Yes, because I choose not to listen to certain bands because one of their fans is an idiot.

mekane said:

We hate you because you're a FUCKING MORON who "informs" us about bands that we've all heard before.

Well i actually like a lot of rap and pop music. I don't think they are the best, but i can explain why they are the most popular. Pop music involves more than just music, since many people like britney spears, for example, not because of her music, but because of the way she looks and dances. I sincerely hope that you don't think in flames fan's only like them because of their moves on the dance floor.

What a fucking pussy. get teh hell outta here already.

Could we lock this stupid thread. It has gotten from thread to high school cat fight. Thank Thor for beer .....

agreed.

Belgar said:
Could we lock this stupid thread. It has gotten from thread to high school cat fight. Thank Thor for beer .....

yea, this thread has gone to hell, but don't blame me... i'm just trying to give some useful advice. Maybe YOU have listened to some of the stuff i was recomendding, but surely there are a few people here that have, like i said, listened to the newer in flames and completely missed out on some great music that they wouldn't have found if it weren't for me. But if you are one those of YOU people, i don't see why you gotta complain, just read it once and skip to the next thread. Dont ridicule me.

Stealer of Dreams said:
Are you blind, or just trying to be clever? Because if it's the latter, you fail.

well you are from SF, im guessing yoru a shemale, am i right?

Stealer of Dreams said:
We hate you because you're a FUCKING MORON who "informs" us about bands that we've all heard before.

maybe you have heard the stuff i have mentioned, but certianly not eveyrone has. If you think so, then are you agreeing that in flames sounds like korn? Cuz he is at least one person who has obviously not listened to in flames more than 10 seconds. I'm guessing there are more, because nobody has said "yeah i heard those songs and i don't like them" except for one guy!

I still honestly think that every one of you would love the song "When" by Opeth if you heard it a few times and hadn't yet developed such hate for me.

And i say again, for anyone who likes Slaughter of the Soul by At The Gates, you will like The Jester Race by In Flames even more!

oh, if you are looking for a song to download from the Jester Race without geting the whole album, try the song Moonshield, or the title track if you want somethign with a little more rhythm to it.

mekane said:
maybe you have heard the stuff i have mentioned, but certianly not eveyrone has. If you think so, then are you agreeing that in flames sounds like korn? Cuz he is at least one person who has obviously not listened to in flames more than 10 seconds. I'm guessing there are more, because nobody has said "yeah i heard those songs and i don't like them" except for one guy!

I still honestly think that every one of you would love the song "When" by Opeth if you heard it a few times and hadn't yet developed such hate for me.

And i say again, for anyone who likes Slaughter of the Soul by At The Gates, you will like The Jester Race by In Flames even more!

AARGH... !!! :yell:

Watch it!! please, Megane or Mekane what the hell your name is...
For your god's sake go f*** yourself while listening to Opeth's WHEN....
Besides the best from Opeth song is 'Demon of the fall, and yeah if got all albums ....soo shh...
In Flames new album sounds like Korn and its best number is definetely not 'Moonshield' it's 'Pinball Map' or 'Episode 666' you idiot....

Besides if you are such a big In FLames fan, why don't you post on their board...
In the mean time don't hope that I see you someday on a concert or festival.
caus then you'll find out some good death...metal

Good day... :wave:

@Mekane: I said NEW In Flames sounds like Korn, meaning their last two albums. I listened to them for many years before the heinous reroute to remain came out so I know damn well Jester Race is a good album as well as Whoracle, Colony, Lunar Strain and Clayman is half decent. Opeth is my favourite band, and to be honest with you I don't think When is the most amazing thing they've ever recorded.