The Best Song Ever!

Dude, or rather dudes............how can anyone hate Lion's version of the Transformers theme? This originally first appeared in the Transformers movie from 1986. I know because I have the Scotti Bros. soundtrack, along with like 300+ of the toys. Aside from metal, Transformers are my true passion. If anyone is curious, I could post some pictures of my collection.
Seriously, don't anyone of you be a fuckhead and diss the power of Transformers. I can hardly think of an amazing cartoon more metal than that.
Oh yeah, chicks love me. And it ain't because of my Optimus Prime, the toy that is.

The Scourge said:
Seriously, don't anyone of you be a fuckhead and diss the power of Transformers. I can hardly think of an amazing cartoon more metal than that.

There is one cartoon that is more metal than Transformers. MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE!!! Everyone who played with the figures listened to Metal when he grew up!
Skeletorsatue.jpg

Unicorn said:
There is one cartoon that is more metal than Transformers. MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE!!! Everyone who played with the figures listened to Metal when he grew up!
Skeletorsatue.jpg

Ahh man!!!! I use to play with Masters of the Universe as well :headbang: I remember seeing the movie when it came to the cinemas...couldn't have been more than 6 years old. (I think that was the first movie I saw in a cinema)

Transformers and Masters of the Universe both were metal cartoons.....I watched them both religeously.......although there was a bit of a gay factor with Masters of the Universe.....in fact there has been a song made about skeletor and beastman being all gay and shit......rent the movie CKY4 and youll see it....its very funny actually.....check it out..

oh man, me and my buddies used to meet up in the fukkin sandbox and bring action figures from masters of the universe, star wars, big-jim, and play battles with em all mixed up... darth vader teaming up with skeletor to destroy he-man and luke, but being stopped by big-jim etc.

FUKKIN AWEZUM!!!

i was always sad there were no action figures available by my most cherised and important influence, the most cult sci-fi series ever... "V"... in case u missed out on that one, get the dvd sets now and fukkin ENJOY!!!

Good to see that Lord Blakkheim also was Masters addicted.
By the way, a "Masters" computergame will be released for Playstation 2 soon. According to the new figures that came out last year or so. The look pretty dangerous now compared to the 80's.
"V" ... I remember a series with aliens who once began to show who they really are and teard off their faces! Pretty scary back then!

Blakkheim said:
oh man, me and my buddies used to meet up in the fukkin sandbox and bring action figures from masters of the universe, star wars, big-jim, and play battles with em all mixed up... darth vader teaming up with skeletor to destroy he-man and luke, but being stopped by big-jim etc.
ENJOY!!!

hehe, fuckin' sanbox, those were the days, although my specialty was plastic dump trucks instead of figures

The Great Katatonic said:
hahaha!great thread.i'd never though of HeMan and Transformers as'Metal' cartoons,before.it seems to be true,though.

Watch Transformers: The Movie. Then you will understand :)

As for the new Masters of The Universe figures, yes, they are awesome. I have most of them, along with an updated version of Castle Greyskull. Let me tell, some nights when I am hammered, it is hard not to recreate new battles.
God, I'm the coolest!! :headbang:

Blakkheim said:

FUKKIN AWEZUM!!!

i was always sad there were no action figures available by my most cherised and important influence, the most cult sci-fi series ever... "V"... in case u missed out on that one, get the dvd sets now and fukkin ENJOY!!!

No Transformers though? Man, I am starting to get worried since the only "metal" guy who is a self-proclaimed metal nut is Ville Valo of H.I.M. And I know this since he posted on the Transformers 2005 board. Maybe "Poison Girl" is a love song about Arcee or Elita One.

Blakkheim said:

FUKKIN AWEZUM!!!

ah the old 80s!!!!How many good memories!
It's incredible how many things our generation has in common, no matter what country you are from!!!

My bro had a huge Masters of Universe and Transformers collection, includingd the castle, tiger, etc... I had Sheila and a couple of other female characters!
I happened sometimes to mix Masters with Barbies...well of course not playing battles, he he...

And what about LEGO!!!! That was one of my favourite games!!!!

I remember I was really a big fan of the Visitors!!! At that time I went to elementary school and it was really a cult! Got impressed everytime they used to eat those white mice! Me and my schoolmates used to play Visitors and I remember I once used one of those beauty masks of my mom that after a while get dry and that you can peel off....to simulate the effect that I was peeling away my skin because I was an alien, ah ah ah! Those good times, I was almost forgetting about them!

ahhh but great to know that Blakky was a fan of that series too!!!!

LoL!!! Visitors! What a cool series! I was a huge fan of it too!! :) To bad they don't put it on TV anymore (at least In Italy...) I've seen it on swedish Tv like 2 years ago though!

As for Masters... I didn't like it very much... i was much more into japanese robots toys! It was very popular in the 70s and 80s here. I remember i had few Great Mazingers and Goldrakes! It was cool playing battles with it!
Good old times...

Another Transformers youth here, I used to collect Decepticons and my brother collected Autobots, so we could fight eachother :D. I have the Stunticons complete, who together form the mighty MENASOR!! \m/

I also played with Lego a lot, especially technical Lego.

Blakkheim said:

V was the shit.....I just remember that they used to drink rotten milk and they thought it was great....I always wanted to be able to enjoy rotten milk.....but I always puked it up after I drank it.....I eventually had to stop trying.....

Although I never had the money to buy Masters of the Universe action figures [I was in a power rangers phase], I went every weekend to the video store and picked up two He-Man videos.... Man I loved that series.

BY TEH POWER OF GREYSKULL!!!!

Also, the best song ever is Tonight's Music by Katatonia.