Votes: 3 4.6%
  • New Eyes Of Old

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Ten Thousand Thrones

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nostrovia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm old enough to know better but young enough to still do it....actually that's bullshit. I can't be fucked doing it any more but that's got nothing to do with age, I'm just lazy.

Our album and EP got caught up in typical band politics. The one guy who's got the master tapes wont give them to anyone else because he copyrighted the name and claims ownership to everything. The rest of us all moved on and by the mid to late 80's we were putting on all age gigs trying to get kids off the street and off drugs. We had a circle of about 20 bands and maybe 100 musos many of whom went nowhere but they all just turned up to free gig nights and played for either themselves or anyone who wanted a player. The council gave us a venue and free power and providing we kept alcohol and drugs out we could pretty much do what we liked so we worked hard to give the kids something else to do rather than hang out on the streets. We weren't much more than kids ourselves at the time and metal was big in the area, but we had all sorts of bands play, especially in their own early days where many just wanted to get out of the garage and practise in front of a crowd.

People outside of Aust. may not have heard of many of our bands at the time but we did a crap load of early gigs for bands like SIC, Acheron, and Christbait who had some success overseas. We also did gigs for more poppy top40 gigs with bands like the Living End and Something for Kate which we were not huge fans of but apparently some where because Living End did go global but they were definitely not metal.

awwww, you don't want to tell me how old you are? cute. I'm guessing you're in your early 70's ;)

Our album and EP got caught up in typical band politics. The one guy who's got the master tapes wont give them to anyone else because he copyrighted the name and claims ownership to everything. The rest of us all moved on and by the mid to late 80's we were putting on all age gigs trying to get kids off the street and off drugs. We had a circle of about 20 bands and maybe 100 musos many of whom went nowhere but they all just turned up to free gig nights and played for either themselves or anyone who wanted a player. The council gave us a venue and free power and providing we kept alcohol and drugs out we could pretty much do what we liked so we worked hard to give the kids something else to do rather than hang out on the streets. We weren't much more than kids ourselves at the time and metal was big in the area, but we had all sorts of bands play, especially in their own early days where many just wanted to get out of the garage and practise in front of a crowd.
awesome. And I totally respect the whole trying to keep the kids off the street thing man. :kickass:

I don't want to tell you my shoe size either but there is enough information to get both.

We had a fucking blast doing it (most of the time), it would have been good to say we discovered some huge band, or we helped someone reach mega stardom but we didn't (as far as I know). However that doesn't mean we didn't see talent go through the place, man seeing some of those kids play was just proof that I was little more than a hack singer.