Votes: 3 4.6%
  • New Eyes Of Old

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Ten Thousand Thrones

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nostrovia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Practice and Souls of Black were the first Testament albums i heard. Had a cousin who went off to the marines and let me borrow his cd and tape collection and those were the only two Testament albums in there. I later purchased both of those albums from the same record store i mentioned earlier, used for about $4 each :)

The same cousin introduced me to metal by giving me his copy of this...
s-l300.jpg

He stopped listening to metal a long time ago, but i never looked back heh
Awesome! That brings back memories! I might possibly have that with my tapes somewhere but I'm not sure.

No I don't really care to because I thought it was pretty obvious but I guess I'll have to..
Let me see if I can spell it out.
I'll type slowly so I don't lose you.
Ready?
Are you sure?
Ok let's go.
You stated that Testament's Practice and Souls were the first ones you heard.
You then stated that a single of One introduced you to metal.
Still following?
Great!
The One single was released in '89.
Practice and Souls '89 and '90 respectively (that means Practice was '89 and Souls was '90 just in case).
Because we started gigging and doing the radio shows before '89 we were playing metal before those albums were released.
That's simple mathematics I believe
Still with me?
Super Duper!
So here is where it might get a bit tricky
My apologies in advance if it does.
Because we did those things before '89 we did know what metal was before those bands released those albums.
I hope this clears things up for you.
I further hope that any inconvenience or pain related to thought was minimal.
It would obviously be nice of me to say such a thing wont happen again.
But I know it will.

No I don't really care to because I thought it was pretty obvious but I guess I'll have to..
Let me see if I can spell it out.
I'll type slowly so I don't lose you.
Ready?
Are you sure?
Ok let's go.
You stated that Testament's Practice and Souls were the first ones you heard.
You then stated that a single of One introduced you to metal.
Still following?
Great!
The One single was released in '89.
Practice and Souls '89 and '90 respectively (that means Practice was '89 and Souls was '90 just in case).
Because we started gigging and doing the radio shows before '89 we were playing metal before those albums were released.
That's simple mathematics I believe
Still with me?
Super Duper!
So here is where it might get a bit tricky
My apologies in advance if it does.
Because we did those things before '89 we did know what metal was before those bands released those albums.
I hope this clears things up for you.
I further hope that any inconvenience or pain related to thought was minimal.
It would obviously be nice of me to say such a thing wont happen again.
But I know it will.
Dont get out of line, i dont want to embarrass you again like i did in the GMD forums. But id rather leave the childish bullshit there and was one of the reasons i started posting in this part of the forum. And maybe if you had a better grasp of the English language i would have understood you. By "we" you mean your band or something? How would i know you were in some band? For all i know you were saying "we Australians knew metal before Metallica", which would have made no sense whatsoever. In other words you were trying to sound like some cool teenager by saying "i knew metal before you did", which makes this even more funnier. I was 5 years old in '89, lol. And all of my peers around me were listening to metal before i was even born, my dad grew up listening to Deep Purple and Sabbath and it was played all the time at my house growing up. It was all background noise to me at that age though, it was not until i heard that One single where i was properly introduced to metal and knew that it was going to be a part of me for the rest of my life. So technically using your broken language i can say "i knew metal before Metallica too" :lol: Maybe you should go back to college and continue getting educated if you don't want things like this to happen.

"me and my band started gigging and playing radio shows before that One single was even released" is what your peabrain should have typed out. And i dont know know how or why that would be relevant to anything here outside of you trying to wave your tiny little dick around at me.

Out of line? What line? There has never been any line around here. There wasn't even a line in the sand.
As much as I love your petty little insults and personalised attacks when you don't actually have an argument to fight back with it's a little early to deal with such things and I haven't even had my first coffee of the day.

(oh my apology that should read. In this country we are so fucking superior to all others (expect them pricks in New Zealand) that we get the day before any other plebs in the world. Me saying it's early is actually me saying that we invented the fucking day and you are just dwellers in the shit we leave behind).

what argument? That you evidently dont know how to use the English language properly? "i knew metal before Metallica and Testament". Imagine if Eric Peterson was reading this. :lol: My mistake that i didn't notice initially that you were trying to pull of some weird dick measuring contest.

i like you man, but boy are you an incredibly dumb person. And dont get me wrong .... there's nothing wrong with being dumb. The world wouldn't be as fun without you guys. :D

You read more into something than is actually written and it's my use of the words that is the problem? You get stuck on one definition or one description and that starts a barrage of personal insults that even a child could better, and it's everyone else that is the problem. You continue to insult because a person wont agree with you and it's everyone else that's the problem. Only one opinion is ever right and it's yours, yet everyone else is still the problem? Damn that's some cool logic right there.

dude, agree on what? What the hell are you even talking about? What opinion? You seem to be mentally scarred from something that happened between us in the past and i really have no clue where this stems from. And its funny when you're talking about a barrage of personal insults after your antagonistic response earlier where you where all you did is imply that im some idiot by saying you'd type slow so you wouldn't lose me, that i dont know how "simple math" works, etc just because you didn't word something out properly. Wow man, get a hold of yourself.

Im not going to continue this any further with you because i really dont want to fuck this thread up just because you had some weird need to tell me that you've been playing or listening to metal longer than i have or whatever when all i simply asked for was an explanation because i legitimately didn't understand what you meant.

Last edited:
Oh I admit that was a complete and utter piss take purely to get a reaction. I played for and got exactly what I wanted there, and I continue to do so.

:kickass:
i wish i still had all my old tapes. Most ended up staying with one of my ex's :bah:
Oh man that sucks! When all my friends were switching to cd's and throwing out there tapes I made sure to grab all that I could lol. I kept them all and the ones that were mine for posterity. Whether they still work or not is a whole other matter :lol:. a few years ago Testament was selling a cassette of Demonic signed by Chuck. I wish I'd gotten one...I blew it lol.

Oh man that sucks! When all my friends were switching to cd's and throwing out there tapes I made sure to grab all that I could lol. I kept them all and the ones that were mine for posterity. Whether they still work or not is a whole other matter :lol:. a few years ago Testament was selling a cassette of Demonic signed by Chuck. I wish I'd gotten one...I blew it lol.
yea that would've been pretty cool to have. Ebay usually has a lot of good tape lots of 80's/early 90's thrash, i always come across them when looking for CD's

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I should start getting the stuff I want. When it gets a little older the prices will go up lol. I already see some cd's from back in the day for over $100 and that's on amazon lol

I'm getting less romantic about such things these days. We already pay enough for CD's here without paying for stuff that has inflated prices because something is rare or signed or popular.

I should stand out the front of the shop and offer people my LP for $50.
I'm hoping VHS comes back I should be able to make a killing :)