Votes: 3 4.6%
  • New Eyes Of Old

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Ten Thousand Thrones

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nostrovia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yeah they really do need to touch upon many albums,long overdue.So I say get to some rehearsing boys!!!

Reactions: redfly
Yeah they really do need to touch upon many albums,long overdue.So I say get to some rehearsing boys!!!
Man seriously! they need to rent a place for two weeks as a group and just play. Or if that is unrealistic, a serious practice individually with some webcam time. If they have time for these side projects, they have time to learn Testament material.

Reactions: Neptune
No, I obviously didn't read the post and it's predecessors properly because I was referring to something completely different.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Man seriously! they need to rent a place for two weeks as a group and just play. Or if that is unrealistic, a serious practice individually with some webcam time. If they have time for these side projects, they have time to learn Testament material.
It must just be due to the fact that most band members in just about every band are just too spread out to really ever make that happen!

It must just be due to the fact that most band members in just about every band are just too spread out to really ever make that happen!
Yeah. It just feels like ( to me anyway ) that the music from the band you're in is worth investing in. That should be the job. How much can it really cost to take two weeks or even a week to get five people together for the thing that makes them the bulk of their money? It's not like they are in different parts of the world. And just as importantly for the people that have loved and followed the band for decades. It's not just Demonic that's ignored you know? At some point set lists get stale lol

And stale they have gotten!Or are those earlier albums just too challenging?!

This was the first Testament album that i purchased on release date back when i was still a young whippersnapper. I already had all of their previous albums(+ Return to the Apocalyptic City and Live at the Fillmore) but most of those were before my time. They'll always be one of my favorite bands.

The first Testament album i ever bought was Low and that was in 95 or 96. Me and my buddy used to ask our parents for $5-10 bucks and walk down to a used record store in Hollywood called Eastside Records. Man we spent so much time in there when we were kids. Oh the good ole days :*)

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
This was the first Testament album that i purchased on release date back when i was still a young whippersnapper. I already had all of their previous albums(+ Return to the Apocalyptic City and Live at the Fillmore) but most of those were before my time. They'll always be one of my favorite bands.

The first Testament album i ever bought was Low and that was in 95 or 96. Me and my buddy used to ask our parents for $5-10 bucks and walk down to a used record store in Hollywood called Eastside Records. Man we spent so much time in there when we were kids. Oh the good ole days :*)
That’s awesome to hear man!

I miss record stores! I think the first Testament album I bought was " Practice " shortly after release because my friend had it. The first I got on release was ( Souls ) good days!

I don't think I got a Testament album on release day until Dark Roots. But in my defence shopping day has always been Saturday and release day Friday and I used to work stupid hours that just made it easier to shop on weekends.

The first Testament I got would have been Practice. But I didn't like it when I got it. Took me getting Souls, then getting the first two on pirated cassette until I started like the band, now days Souls is probably one I listen to the least.

I don't think I got a Testament album on release day until Dark Roots. But in my defence shopping day has always been Saturday and release day Friday and I used to work stupid hours that just made it easier to shop on weekends.

The first Testament I got would have been Practice. But I didn't like it when I got it. Took me getting Souls, then getting the first two on pirated cassette until I started like the band, now days Souls is probably one I listen to the least.
Practice and Souls of Black were the first Testament albums i heard. Had a cousin who went off to the marines and let me borrow his cd and tape collection and those were the only two Testament albums in there. I later purchased both of those albums from the same record store i mentioned earlier, used for about $4 each :)

The same cousin introduced me to metal by giving me his copy of this...
s-l300.jpg

He stopped listening to metal a long time ago, but i never looked back heh

We knew metal before Testament and Metallica but the metal scene in Melbourne in the 80's was very secluded. Tapes took between 4 and 8 weeks to arrive from either the US or Europe, cost a fortune and no one trusted sea mail to get an LP from overseas. What was available on local release was a small amount compared to what they distribute today. We did community radio shows and all ages gigs to try and get local bands up and moving but we also used our status within the radio show to help get us better music collections so we could play a wider variety. Euro stuff like Sodom, Kreator, Destruction etc seemed easier to get than a lot of US stuff until the early 90's