The Books/Reading Thread

I actually have Crash and Haunted sitting on the shelf upstairs, so those will probably be read next. I will pick up Choke next time I am at the book store though.

Chuck Palahniuk is amazing.

Fight Club and Rant are my two personal favorites by him.

i just finished the book, A Lesson Before Dying, for school reading.
it was terrible. its in the vein of To Kill A Mockingbird, but nowhere near as good.

A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess and Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad are my two favorite books as of right now =]

The Secret Agent is also an excellent work by Conrad. I think that's the title anyway.

Yesterday I managed to pick up The Sound And The Fury again. I really hate and love reading it. The opening passage to the second section is just beautiful, but it's such an annoying read. Anyone else who's read it should know what I mean.

Yesterday I managed to pick up The Sound And The Fury again. I really hate and love reading it. The opening passage to the second section is just beautiful, but it's such an annoying read. Anyone else who's read it should know what I mean.

I read that in high school for 12th grade AP english. loved it. The first part was difficult at first, but I got used to it. As I Lay Dying is really solid too. I keep meaning to pick up more of his books, but they're a real task to get through

I just started reading the catcher in the rye.

yay me.

the ultimate emo high school novel.

Any Chuck Palahniuk fans around here? I have read Fight Club, Survivor and Diary.

I've read Survivor and Stranger Than Fiction. Loved both of them. I got halfway through Diary and didn't care much for it. he's a great writer.

just finished the complete prose tales of pushkin... next is master and margarita- bulgakov

I really enjoyed the catcher in the rye.

next im either going to read. dracula, Fahrenheit 451, or a tale of two cities.

what should it be?

I half read this for high-school and it annoyed the shit out of me. Probably becasue I did not care much at the time. That and my ap english teacher was a bitch.
I just started reading the catcher in the rye.

yay me.
unknown said:
I've read Survivor and Stranger Than Fiction. Loved both of them. I got halfway through Diary and didn't care much for it. he's a great writer.

The very very end of Diary is pretty rad imo. A nice little twist.

I finished Rant yesterday. Very interesting novel and I enjoyed it very much