The Car Thread

05 TL>your beamer in looks, performance, reliability and value

and a brand new 325I isn't much more expensive than a brand new TL (not that it means anything).

No shit?

Mine is a 2003 and used. Of course the new models are going to look better.

Reliability could be debated since an Acura is nothing but a more expensive Honda (though I like Hondas)

Performance is about tied.

Value needs to be compared with what a brand new 2003 BMW 325i was and that price should be adjusted for 4 years of inflation.

Get on it, Dave.

your bmw 325I is valued at around 15-19 thousand on ebay (same price as my TL except my TL has a navigational system), BTW.

People just hear BMW and they are blown away, idiots.

Reliability could be debated since an Acura is nothing but a more expensive Honda (though I like Hondas)

So is Lexus only an expensive Toyota? Infinity an expensive Nissan? Of course there's going to be similarities in the platform and models but there's usually also a world of difference between the 2.

There's really a big difference between an Acura TL and any Honda. You're more correct if you say that the CSX is heavily like the Civic and the TSX is a little similar to the Accord. The TL has nothing similar to any Honda. It's just a great car.

But anyway are we really debating if it's better to have a BMW 325i then an Acura TL? Seriously I doubt anyone would complain about having either car.

I like VW Golfs. I've owned three of them, my first two cars were 70's Mk1 Golfs. I currently own a '92 VW Golf Mk2 GTI.

But I'd buy one of these if I had a bunch 'o cash:

volkswagen_golf_r32_0013_bw.jpg

Mk4 Golf R32. Twin turbo 3.2ltr V6 4wd. Super limited and super fast.

I drive 87 Ford Mustang droptop convertible and a 96 Chevy Blazer.
The Blazer is mainly a worktruck but is still in nice shape.
My Mustang I race around the streets and the track. Last week I ran a 13.5 in the quarter mile at Route 66 Raceway in Joliet,IL.

I drive an 89 Buick Park Avenue. Why do I drive it? It only cost me $1,000 and only had 60K miles on it. the old lady I bought it off of kept it in good condition (which has changed since I bought it haha). It's pretty roomy and comfy inside. the trunk is huge. I can easily fit my amp, guitars and gear in it with no problem.

I can't afford to have a car. I would drive if it was possible.

I know...wtf.
v6 huh? Should have bought an 8 cylinder. Fuck the gas mileage speed is what you need. Not to mention the greatest sound to my ears...a Mustang w/ 3" exhaust all the way back w/ 40 series Flowmasters on it.
Orgasmic.

You should have sprung for the GT thats all Im saying. Its worth it and not that much more money. I got a killer deal on my Mustang about 6 years ago for 4,900. It had about 98k on it. Ive sunk a shitload of money into the motor, rims, and styling bar etc.

i live in the country and a freakin horse ate at my top a few weeks ago, but the owner's homeowners insurence paid for it, but i was still really pissed. i told the owner if it happened again i was going to wrestle the horse to the ground and bite off a piece of the mane.
4.900 you say? damn.i didnt buy mine at a dealership or anything, i answered an ad.