The CURRENTLY LISTENING TO thread

VANDEN-PLAS-tsc-cover.jpg

aspera_cover.jpg

912.jpg

icewind-againcamethestormhigh-300x300.jpg

Currently spinning:

Daft Punk, Tron soundtrack

I'm still hooked on this. A little annoyed that Trent Reznor can get nominated (and win!) nearly every award in the book for The Social Network OST but Daft Punk weren't even nominated for this. Not that public opinion is an accurate barometer, but I've never heard so many people who normally don't listen to OSTs loving this album.

Anyway, at least I've been able to put the iTunes on random again but not after a solid two weeks of nothing but TRON: Legacy madness! :loco:

Glad to see some love for Ki, I think it's one of DT's best recordings, even moreso when you think about how ballsy and potentially alienating it would be to record an album like Ki after Ziltoid. Just one more reason why I love Devin Townsend.

bone+machine+crop.jpg

Followed by"
1285267569_voivod-the-outer-limits-1993.jpg

I'm still hooked on this. A little annoyed that Trent Reznor can get nominated (and win!) nearly every award in the book for The Social Network OST but Daft Punk weren't even nominated for this. Not that public opinion is an accurate barometer, but I've never heard so many people who normally don't listen to OSTs loving this album.

Anyway, at least I've been able to put the iTunes on random again but not after a solid two weeks of nothing but TRON: Legacy madness! :loco:

I own both movie scores/ soundtracks, though I've still seen neither film. (Waiting for Netflix)
Outside of "DeRezzed", there's NOTHING on the TRON Legacy soundtrack which suggests Daft Punk were responsible. It's bland, though the score suggests early to mid 1980s B-movie political techno-thriller.

Outside of "DeRezzed", there's NOTHING on the TRON Legacy soundtrack which suggests Daft Punk were responsible. It's bland, though the score suggests early to mid 1980s B-movie political techno-thriller.

It's perhaps bland if you were expecting a Daft Punk release.
The fact that it sounds like a well-suited movie soundtrack (I didn't think it was "bland") speaks volumes about the wider, more diverse abilities of the band.

It's perhaps bland if you were expecting a Daft Punk release.
The fact that it sounds like a well-suited movie soundtrack (I didn't think it was "bland") speaks volumes about the wider, more diverse abilities of the band.

That may be entirely possible, but in effect, it means DP's involvement with TL is nothing more than stuntcasting where the casting agents could have hired anyone else to get the same musical results.

Now spinning:

Faith No More - The Real Thing
Iced Earth - Horror Show
Scorpions - Lovedrive
Tyketto - Don't Come Easy
Hurricane - Slave to the Thrill