The CURRENTLY LISTENING TO thread

paradise_faith.jpg

Every now and then I let my two daughters pick five cd's for the old disc changer. It's a good method as I have a quite extensive cd collection, I often pick the same stuff over and over to play. When they pick it is truly random.
Tonight....
Spocks Beard - S/T
IQ - Tales from the Lush Attic
Edenbridge - Arcana
Saxon - The Inner Sanctum
Alice Cooper - Killer

Great system as I had forgot how much I love "Halo of Flies"....

Hah, lucky you

Every now and then I let my two daughters pick five cd's for the old disc changer. It's a good method as I have a quite extensive cd collection, I often pick the same stuff over and over to play. When they pick it is truly random.
Tonight....
Spocks Beard - S/T
IQ - Tales from the Lush Attic
Edenbridge - Arcana
Saxon - The Inner Sanctum
Alice Cooper - Killer

Great system as I had forgot how much I love "Halo of Flies"....

"IQ - Tales from the Lush Attic" is a great album. I've met one person ever that knows who they are, but it's great stuff if you like early Genesis. Especially this album. Their sound sort of became it's own thing later.

You know, I liked their previous releases but overall just thought they were sort of okay. With their newest, which I now have finally listened to, I gotta say I was impressed.

seventh%2Bwonder.jpg

Speaking of impressed, I can't stop listening to this one. Phenomenal stuff, though it is weird for them as sometimes the vocals sound a little too Mastodonish and I love Mastodon.

DillingerEscapePlan_-_OptionParalysis1.jpg

"IQ - Tales from the Lush Attic" is a great album. I've met one person ever that knows who they are, but it's great stuff if you like early Genesis. Especially this album. Their sound sort of became it's own thing later.

Agree! Been an IQ fan since I don't know when. Do you remember the 12" version of "Barebell is in"? I think it clocked in at 13 minutes... :)

You know, that Soulspell is one CD short. Really should have been a double album. It seems like I'm just starting to get into it, and then it's over.

Finally got around to listening to this today....

kingcrow.jpg

First impression was that of a heavy Mike Oldfield album, with a little prog thrown in. I was trying a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphones, and it was a fantastic listen.