The DIY Thread

KafkaX

Mr. Self Destruct
May 17, 2010
Planet Earth, Milky Way
As I sit here sewing a new patch on my hoodie I realized we don't have a DIY thread...Thats bullshit!

So here's a thread to discuss, show off, or ask questions about your current, past, and future projects.

Here's a photo of the current patch I'm sewing on. Will post other projects soon.

null_zpsbd9c0561.jpg

Super cool idea, Kaf! Does that patch say Food not bombs? I love DIY everything, actually. I shall get around to posting pictures of my studded vest soon...

I DIY stuff like basic auto and home maintenance. Recovered an Xbox from 2 different RODs, so I can do basic electronic stuff too if necessary.

I started building a lute last summer. I'm thinking of starting to work on it again today actually. I didn't get anything done on it during the school year.

I DIY stuff like basic auto and home maintenance. Recovered an Xbox from 2 different RODs, so I can do basic electronic stuff too if necessary.

I managed to fix the ROD once but the Xbox only lasted a few days afterwards. Hopefully the next-gen consoles have more reliable hardware at launch.

Was it the one where you have to remelt the shitty EU regulation caused solder for the video? I know that one was supposed to be a high risk/high reward fix, but I got it done right. Also made some improvements to the heat sink involving pennies in electrical tape to prevent the issue in the future.

I don't still have it because I needed an Xbox with HDMI, but it was still working just fine when I traded it in over a year later.

Something along those lines but it was over two years ago so I don't really remember. I actually still have the old x-clamps for sentimental value.

I wish I had a patch jacket/vest. :(

Right now (and this is an ongoing project), I am working on sewing down a men's extra large t-shirt and ATTEMPTING to turn it into a tank top. I'd like to do more similar stuff and probably will because most girl band shirt graphics are gay as hell.

4136eefc62fc72a3aa40bec5a9c234ff.jpg

e46d73971f600e452082fffcb9f0f32b.jpg

there's a Sabbat patch instead of a Grotesque one now.

going to start patching up a punk vest soon, and i have a denim vest i'm working on with traditional/doom bands.