The first blast beats

Ha! I think this one is THE earliest blastbeat EVER:
It's The Yellow Payges' song called "Little woman" and it's from...(drum roll) 1969!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, it's not really a crazy fast blastbeat like modern black metal shit. It's a psychedelic rock band and some would maybe not call it a blastbeat and it's also very short. Anyway, I have the record and if you would like to hear it I can mp3 it.
I seem to recall another one from around the same time, but I can't recall what it is right now. Maybe I should start digging in my collection.

I'm going with the prior posts that said SOD. "Slow" blast beats dont count....theyre not "Blasts" in the truest sense of the word.

Otherwise, there'd be a million potentials. But yeah, SOD totally. People played fast up until then, but they (SOD) got ridiculous and kinda helped form grind. They totally preceeded Scum-era Napalm.

Originally posted by Board
Ha! I think this one is THE earliest blastbeat EVER:
It's The Yellow Payges' song called "Little woman" and it's from...(drum roll) 1969!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, it's not really a crazy fast blastbeat like modern black metal shit. It's a psychedelic rock band and some would maybe not call it a blastbeat and it's also very short. Anyway, I have the record and if you would like to hear it I can mp3 it.
I seem to recall another one from around the same time, but I can't recall what it is right now. Maybe I should start digging in my collection.

I knew you would dig up some obscure source for this Board. :lol:

Originally posted by union9
I knew you would dig up some obscure source for this Board. :lol:

LOL!! Yeah, totally dude. You can always see Board coming a mile away with something completely off the wall and unexpected!!

Board, thanks for keeping it to the point, without going completely batty with the amount of words! :) (I'm not really one to talk, cuz my posts tend to be a little on the copious side, but I digress...)