The Game Thread

Lol I managed to mispell Vidya. anyways.

Yes, for you maybe. For underage'd kids like me, N64 and gameboy (the old huge colorless ones) was the shit.

If you ever feel like picking it back up give Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul a try. Removes enemy lvling basically, and completely...overhauls...the game. Deadlier combat, less pussy magic, added a ton of weapons and items, ect ect. Its a huge mod, the guy has been working years on it apparently. Mansions have gold/silver plates and cups and whatnot so being a thief is more fun.

Mainly the lvl cap thing on NPCs. So like in any RPG, some areas will be too tough, but you can lvl up and go back and lol at those places.

Also you weren't playing unless you had Natural Environments mod :p.

Yeah i saw those mods but i was afraid they were shit so i couldnt bother downloading them :/ I'll give them a try whenever i get around to it though, thanks for the tip!
I used to mod Morrowind very heavilly, lots of great mods that improve graphics and gameplay a lot.
I also used a heavy graphical mod on STALKER SOC that made the game look quite sexy, but after Clear sky it feels like sawing my arms off for lulz to play SOC.

Anyone remember Soldier of Fortune? I have both SOF1 and 2 here, they were fun for a while but it became stale pretty fast, gore is fun though.

And now i miss hitman too, hitman games were good, i adored hitman 2

I dunno what engine it will be using, but there is a Fallout MMO in the making supposedly, though theyre discussing some deadline shit with Bethesda Softworks atm, as they own the fallout merchandise of the now.

One thing i fucking HATED from Oblivion was the enemys leveling thing, in Fallout 3 too. It was way worse in oblivion though, no matter where you went the enemies were always leveled with you. if you got mauled by a troll at level 1 you couildnt train till level 10 and go back and kick its ass, it was level 20 by then and you'd get your ass kicked all over again. Either that, or it was piece of cake all the way through.

and one other thing i fucking hated, the compass system, took every bit of fun out of exploring and reading the map and directions, no matter what, there was always the arrow pointing at shit. Killed a lot of hte fun of both games(Oblivion and F3) to me.

And on the Fallout note, cant fucking wait for Fallout: New Vegas, as its being developed by the original developers of Fallout and Fallout 2, praying for more dialogue and more coherency, and less bullshit

I agree with you about the Oblivion thing and the leveling, but I always liked the challenge, I hate games where you peak and completely decimate everything with no effort by the end of it. I heard about the fallout MMO also, and if I'm correct it will be Bethesdas first ever MMO, so it should be pretty interesting, but I have high hopes.

Either, way it still stands that Morrowind is and always will be Bethesdas golden child. It gets better as you go through it and if you've really done everything there is to do in it then you have way toooo much free time.

Final Fantasy 7? That was great, and still is.

I'm not a big super fanboi or anything, but FF7 was my favorite game for a long time. Once it started getting too overhyped I kind of lost interest in it :erk:

If they were to remake it with the PS3 engine and graphics like Advent Children and a fighting system that was somehow like that movie mixed with the Kingdom Hearts battle system, I would sell my amp and buy a PS3 without a second thought, and I really can't say I care for PS3 too much :Smug:

I agree with you about the Oblivion thing and the leveling, but I always liked the challenge, I hate games where you peak and completely decimate everything with no effort by the end of it. I heard about the fallout MMO also, and if I'm correct it will be Bethesdas first ever MMO, so it should be pretty interesting, but I have high hopes.

I like the challenge too, definitely, i just dont see the logic in a world where everyone is at the same POWER LEVEL(OVER 9000), making ALL fights a challenge is ghey and boring over time, but i get your point.

The MMO is gonna be developed by Interplay afaik, so Bethesda won't have any involvement in it, same as with Fallout New Vegas, Bethsoft arent gonna touch that one iether, but its almost guaranteed that they'll use the same engine, probably upgraded.
As far as I've understood, Bethesda Softworks are currently working on the next installment of "The Elder Scrolls", number 5 at that. Hopefully it's gonna blow Oblivion out of the water and set a new bar.

Speaking of Fallout. The soundtrack for Fallout 3 is so much win I listen to it all the time. I also have it on my phone so when i'm at school I play it in the elevator and when we're cooking :cool: It's relaxing.

Speaking of Fallout. The soundtrack for Fallout 3 is so much win I listen to it all the time. I also have it on my phone so when i'm at school I play it in the elevator and when we're cooking :cool: It's relaxing.

I DON'T WANT TO SETTTTTTTT THE WORLD ON FIREEEE

I LIEK "ANYTHING GOES" BY COLE PORTER MOAR

also:
The grass is the springiest
The bees are the stingiest
The birds are the wingiest
The bells are the ringiest

As far as I've understood, Bethesda Softworks are currently working on the next installment of "The Elder Scrolls", number 5 at that. Hopefully it's gonna blow Oblivion out of the water and set a new bar.

I'm sure it will, Bethesda doesn't usually disappoint with their games, atleast not over the past few years. I'm curious as to where the next game will take place though... Idk if there is much that can beat Solstheim, Morrowind, and Mournhold, but then again, the environments in Oblivion were fucking epic.

The only thing I really didn't like about fallout was the lvl cap :erk:

I hope they don't put that in the next elder scrolls game, and I hope they bring back all the skills from oblivion, and the armor pieces, such as the pauldron, and two different gloves... If they could somehow merge all of the features of Morrowind with Oblivion style gameplay and graphics, I would be greatly satisfied...