Warcraft III
Bioshock
Half-Life²
Team Fortress 2

Games worth mentioning:
Portal
Phoenix Wright Trilogy
GBA/DS Castlevanias

AFAIK RE3 was released in 1999 and since we're talking about the 2000's decade, I gotta say RE4.
And I don't really know which Resident Evil I prefer, I finished RE3 maybe 5 or 6 times, same thing for RE2.
Then came the PS2 with mothafucking Silent Hill 2. Good old times.

What I remember the most about RE3 is how fucking easy it was on the 1st difficulty, you started with like almost every weapons in the game with a fucking shitload of ammo and then on the second difficulty you get 15 handgun bullets and that damn knife.

No Particular order

1. Final Fantasy 8
2. Shenmue 2
3. Resident Evil 2
4. GTA: San Andreas
5. Left 4 Dead
6. Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask
7. Dragonballz Budokai 3
8. Postal 2
9. Metal Gear Solid
10. Tony Hawks 2

mans ass

Then came the PS2 with mothafucking Silent Hill 2. Good old times.

Silent Hill 2 and 3 are the best gaming experiences I had (with Zelda: Ocarina of Time of course the undisputed nr.1.) I love that stuff. It's deep and it's touching. The others weren't as good tho. 5 looked good but some ideas were far-fetched and not scary and the game was short as hell, but the moment you get into Silent Hill, the place looked cool. Let's see how this new Shattered Memories turns out. They really need to rally the old crew together to make another masterpiece with that legendary feeling.

RE 3 over RE 2?

I thought RE3 was in the 2000s. I guess I was wrong.

------------------------------

FF8 was great, but FF9 was lots better. Then again, I liked FF3 (NES/DS) a lot as well, and the two are related.

Silent Hill 2 and 3 are the best gaming experiences I had (with Zelda: Ocarina of Time of course the undisputed nr.1.) I love that stuff. It's deep and it's touching. The others weren't as good tho. 5 looked good but some ideas were far-fetched and not scary and the game was short as hell, but the moment you get into Silent Hill, the place looked cool. Let's see how this new Shattered Memories turns out. They really need to rally the old crew together to make another masterpiece with that legendary feeling.

I agree. The storyline, the atmosphere, the music, everything in Silent Hill makes it an amazing experience. I only played SH2 but I should try SH1/3.

Also, my favorites FF games are FF6/9.
I also started FF3/4 on DS and they seem decent.

My biggest concern with FF3 DS is their additions to storyline that are way too cheesy and most of all unnecessary (the original did just fine w/o 'em). FF3 on NES was friggin' br00tal :lol:

FF9 is basically a "return to the roots", and a lot of it is loosely based off FF3.

1. Postal 2
2. UT 2004
3. UT 99
4. Half Life
5. Half Life 2
6. Paranoia
7. NFS : Most Wanted
8. Killing Floor
9. Call Of Duty
10. Portal

Half-Life was released in 1998
Unreal Tournament original in 1999

No Particular order

1. Final Fantasy 8
2. Shenmue 2
3. Resident Evil 2
4. GTA: San Andreas
5. Left 4 Dead
6. Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask
7. Dragonballz Budokai 3
8. Postal 2
9. Metal Gear Solid
10. Tony Hawks 2

mans ass

FF8 released in 1999

.. Or are we using release dates on other consoles and platforms, countries and internet? :loco:

Edit: btw, FF9 is like the weakest FF ever, i'd rather play FFX-2, and THAT.. THAT game was just.. it was just lol. My balls shrunk while playing it :(

FF8 released in 1999

.. Or are we using release dates on other consoles and platforms, countries and internet? :loco:

Edit: btw, FF9 is like the weakest FF ever, i'd rather play FFX-2, and THAT.. THAT game was just.. it was just lol. My balls shrunk while playing it :(

Ye I'll pretend I played it on the PC (released 2000) for the time being. (I just failed really though :lol:)

Also agreed about 9. I couldn't get into it at all. :yuk:

Also LETTUCE

We didn't play the same game. FF9 was fucking ace, much better than that pile of shit FF8 was.

All of the characters in 8 were bland as fuck.

The story was about futuristic college students ffs.

And the junctioning system was horrible.

The guys all looked like the cast off of a bad 90's teen soap opera thing.

And did I mention how horrible junctioning was?

The only thing that game had going for it was a decent intro video.

Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy 7, and Final Fantasy 9 are the ones I actually enjoyed the most, and don't start the "fanboi" bullshit, because I was maybe 10 when Final Fantasy 7 came out...

Aww, I was about to start the "fanboi" bullshit. I feel disappointed. I'm sure you'll realize how horrible the cast is in FF7 if you try to replay it.

FF8 story was kinda lame, but I actually liked the junction system, and the way they combined it with limit break system from FFVII, call me names if you wish :p And yes, the gunblade and the spaceship were fucking awesome. Although it never made sense why they can summon mythical creatures from fantasy-style FFs into a post-apocalyptic/futuristic world like that.

For reference: I liked FFIX and FFVIII, but dropped FFVII after disk 1 cause it was pretty lame. It's one out of two FF games that I couldn't force myself to finish (the other one is FFII with its stupid levelling system).