The GMD Social Hobby Thread

It's probably also one of the most simple models I think I've purchased yet. It's on two sprues and looks like the bulk of it is comprised of maybe 8 pieces (4 tops/4 bottoms). I think only the Aegis Defense Line required less assembly (just cut it out of the sprue basically, not counting the gun emplacement). Frickin GW still charges ~45 for it. Good thing I didn't pay quite that.

Lol GW would literally charge your left nut if it was legal. From what I've seen most vehicles are really simple like that though. Aren't marine land raiders pretty quick if you don't count all the doodly bits?

Lol GW would literally charge your left nut if it was legal. From what I've seen most vehicles are really simple like that though. Aren't marine land raiders pretty quick if you don't count all the doodly bits?

I don't know, I don't own any Raiders. Leman Russes are fairly simple if you don't count the sponsons and "doodly bits". Rhinos are really simple.

Played a couple games of Friday (single player board game) today and it was fun. Found myself getting absorbed in the game and forgetting my troubles which was the point of playing it. I won on the 2nd game.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/43570/friday

The theme of island survival seems to work better if you imagine you are the guy Robinson trying to escape the island, rather than some abstract force helping him survive like the game suggests.

Reactions: Dak
The Ogryns look like they won't be much of an issue, but getting the armor on the Bullgryns means doing a LOT of filing down on these fatass WHF Ogre models. I thought the models were a lot more similar than they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
Wayne England just passed? Fuuuuuck.

He did a lot of great art for M:TG.

Edit: Some of my favorites:
172.jpg
83.jpg
82.jpg
198.jpg
197.jpg
72.jpg

Last edited:
RIP. Did not know who he was, but chances are he's done some shit I love. Wish I could find a decent gallery to verify it. Apparently did some d&d work too.

He rolls initiative in the afterlife, now.

Reactions: CiG
Yeah I read about Rush, he did some of the most classic art in MtG. So sad when the old artists goes away. Newer card illustrations almost never ever interest me. Often technically sound but so soulless and uninspiring.

Anyway, speaking of mtg, it went pretty quickly from a game with five colors to one with zero last weekend. Fun times...

Last edited:
Reactions: The Butt
I haven't bought MTG since... Journey Into Nyx in 2014. And even then the only Journey Into Nyx I bought was a theme deck. Prior to that I hadn't bought any Magic since... Scars of Mirrodin in 2010.

But that sounds like it takes a considerable chunk the fun out of deckbuilding. Part of the fun of deckbuilding is the search for the missing pieces you need to build your cutthroat tourney deck. The search for the fourth copy of that rare you need. It's a thrill.