The great and all powerful religion thread!

Are there any LaVeyan Satanists here? I think the philosophy is substantial but the term "Satanism" shouldn't be applied to it.

Are there any LaVeyan Satanists here? I think the philosophy is substantial but the term "Satanism" shouldn't be applied to it.

Laveyan Satanism just seems like typical humanism/individualism with the concept of Satan attached to it and a bunch of "badass" posturing.

LaVeyan Satanism is for atheists who need a structured sense of belonging and are self-centered.

ummmm no.

LaVeyan Satanists don't advocate the idea of an "actual" Satan. and most don't flaunt in people's faces that they are a follower of LaVeyan Satanism, i.e., you accusation of this so-called "badass posturing". trust me, I know at least two people who are Satanists.

LaVeyan Satanists don't advocate the idea of an "actual" Satan. and most don't flaunt in people's faces that they are a follower of LaVeyan Satanism, i.e., you accusation of this so-called "badass posturing". trust me, I know at least two people who are Satanists.

Well, he never made the first claim, and the second claim just isn't true.

what do you even mean by that? are you saying LaVeyan Satanists go out of their way to be obnoxious about their religion or lack thereof?

Whatever but what I meant was "badass posturing by way of doctrine".

Let's take a look at a few quotes. *grabs copy of Jewtanic Bible*

"To the North and to the South I show a sign proclaiming: Death to the weakling, wealth to the strong!"

"Hate your enemies with a whole heart, and if a man smite you on one cheek, SMASH him on the other!; smite him hip and thigh, for self-preservation is the highest law!"

"Blessed are the iron-handed, for the unfit shall flee before them"

"Blessed are the powerful, for they shall be reverenced among men-Cursed are the feeble, for they shall be blotted out!"

:kickass::kickass::kickass::headbang::headbang::headbang: