the grindcore thread

ohiogrinder

New Metal Member
Mar 15, 2006
since this genre doesn't get much disscussion, I have decided to start a thread dedicated to it. discuss albums, bands, whats good, what sucks, etc.

I've heard Brutal Truth, Assuck and Misery Index are really good in general. Being a grinder yourself, you're probably familiar with them, though Dunno, perhaps, I should check them out myself. Maybe I'll find something I like

Ahh a chance to mention Super Fun Happy Slide again. download their demos from here. Do it.

A pretty interesting cyber-grind project is Cadaveric Sludge Dispenser Unit... I say interesting because it's more electronica with occasional grind-style drumming and deep guttural vocals. It certainly wont be everyone's cup of tea, but give it a chance.

Narcosis are fucking awesome, they released only one album called "Romance", the vocals are better then other grindcore bands like "Fuck...I'm Dead" or "Squash Bowels". Their songs have typical 30 seconds length but they are fucking berzerk! There is one song that has 3 minutes and 30 seconds but it is great! I recommend Narcosis as one of the greatest grindcore ever (IMO).

Brutal Truth - Extreme Conditions Demend Extreme Responses

is my fave Grindcore album. Fastest blast beats I've heard, and the music is actually well thought out. I love it muchly.

Nasum, Pig Destroyer and Discordance Axis form my main grind listening, though I put on classic bands like Carcass, Terrorizer and Brutal Truth from time to time (probably not as often as they deserve). Can anyone recommend anything along the lines of the fisrt three? I've been meaning to check out Circle of Dead Children for a while but haven't got round to it yet.

I'm not a huge fan either, but based on (M)aggot's rec some time ago, I like Narcosis. I also don't mind Repulsion or Skinless.

Skinless are death metal.

I enjoy Assück, Terrorizer, Repulsion, Alien Crucifixion, Captain Cleanoff, Birdflesh, Super Fun Happy Slide (thanks Killbot!), Discordance Axis, Mindflair, Robinson, Watchmaker, later Squash Bowels, etc.

Best grind albums:
Carbonized - For the Security
Carbonized - Disharmonization
Terrorizer - World Downfall

I like these because they have more old school death metal.

I'd love to see Phobia play live!!!

I've seen Brutal Truth they were AMAZING! Other band I'd like to see live Napalm Death (yea I've missed them everytime they've come), Pig Destroyer, Nasum (unfortunetly won't happen) and Discordance Axis.

My favorit type of grind is more the old thing like Repulsion, Terrorizer, old Napalm Death (From enslavement to obliteration FUCK YEAH!), Dahmer, Unholy Grave are cool too. For new stuff well like most I like Birdflesh, Rotten Sound, Fistfuck, Mesrine, etc.

I'm suprised nobody has mentioned Regurgitate yet amongst all these other bands, I was under the impression they were one of more popular grind bands and they're certainly one of my favourites.

About all I've heard from the genre is Pig Destroyer, Fuck...I'm Dead, Circle of Dead Children, (old) Carcass, and a few others. I've been looking for good grind bands though, and I'll have to download that band Killbot mentioned