the hardest opeth guitar solo?

forest of october 86

New Metal Member
Nov 22, 2004
this has probably been asked a few times, but meh- o well, what solo in your opinion is the most challenging?

IMO- Forest Of October- despite both of the boys sharing it live- its a damn good solo... Mike feel free to leaveyour own personal opinion too, hehehehe...

To be honest, I've only learned one Opeth song on guitar (Advent). I have to use tabs, that's why. I can never find decent ones...Maybe I should start tabbing them myself, but I'm not dedicated or patient enough...yet.

Since I don't play any kind of instruments (but I'd love to play drums) I have a couple of friends who I'm introducing into Opeth, they find a little bit difficult White Cluster, as for myself, it's the best solo ever.
\m/

Luz.-

white cluster is probably the hardest, mainly cause its too hard for me to figure out(and time consuming to mention) and that nobody tabs it out correctly.

the cluster solo is pretty quiet on the album...so its hard to figure it out. i have a bootleg where mike's guitar is way to fucking loud, but it allows the solo to come out really nice. it is pretty tricky though, its definetely opeth's overall speediest solo.

the cluster solo is pretty quiet on the album...so its hard to figure it out. i have a bootleg where mike's guitar is way to fucking loud, but it allows the solo to come out really nice. it is pretty tricky though, its definetely opeth's overall speediest solo.

The solo in the beginning of drapery falls is really hard to play, for me at least.