the hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Death Animal said:
Animal rules.

Fuck yeah he does. Best drummer ever.
animal2.gif

~Neurotica said:
Why to hate animals?.. They don't betray, don't lie, don't fucking kill you for money. They don't have hate. Mostly don't have emotions. Just pure instincts. No flattery. They are true.
People - that what is real SHIT.
And to be honest I can't imagine a world today with ppl have no their rights. Can you?

Animals have emotions. They're not fucking machines, they're sentient beings. They love, they get scared, they can dislike, they are happy, sad, feel jealousy...you name it. They're a lot like people. Except usually more innocent, and like you said, are more in tune with their instincts.

You can tell cats to shut up and they can't talk back.

Sometimes in the morning I tell my cats to shut up.

They don't do any of those things because those things are constrained by the connotations of language.

Susperia said:
Animals have emotions. They're not fucking machines, they're sentient beings. They love, they get scared, they can dislike, they are happy, sad, feel jealousy...you name it. They're a lot like people. Except usually more innocent, and like you said, are more in tune with their instincts.

I said "mostly". And speaking about animals fear - is not an emotion, it's reflex and the instinct of self-preservation. Dislike - is not an emotion too. Sad? - If there's a reason. Love - I think its more a matter of an attachment. Jealously - the same thing about attachment. I don't say they don't have emotions at all, but don't compare them to human's ones. I don't believe that ppl and animals have the same feelings. The only thing that unites us is the instinct of self-preservation again.

hes saying that emotions only exist because we have the language to define them but thats patently ridiculous so whatever

I'd agree with that, but maybe we just don't know them well enough...but for what we know right now, it's the most rational way to think, I'd say.

It's not ridiculous really...if humans didn't exist, I don't think there would even BE a lot of the things there are nowadays. Specifically, a higher power!

ENTER GIGANTIC DEBATE!

Animals piss everywhere and have no souls!.

Animals can't rock nor smile or frown. They just want you to feed them.

!

Descartes said animals don't have souls/feelings/whatever because they can't grasp the concept of language

The common argument against this is what about infants, very young children, mentally disabled, and people who have been precariously placed in situations where they can't speak, move or gesticulate any other feeling of emotion?

They have no souls.

If someone sits in a wheelchair drooling with a straw in their mouth they have no souls. Kids have no souls either and are rotten.

Spectacular Views said:
hes saying that emotions only exist because we have the language to define them but thats patently ridiculous so whatever

That's actually not what I'm saying. We experience emotions AS WE DO because of language. I'm not implying that we wouldn't experience emotion if we never developed language. It would just be a different experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.