the hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have it, but I like the accent. Makes me know that person is from the area. My favorite person with the accent is Jerry Remy.
The accent is just, uh, low class, uneducated. And if a chick has that accent it's a HUGE turnoff to me. It once happened that I hooked up with a hot blonde chick at a club, and then a bit later, when I actually got to talk to her more, and hear her talk better, she had that accent, and I lost the interest in her that I had.

:lol:

The brutal truth comes out!
Yeah. I mean, I suck compared to most guys in signed dm bands. However, I'm better at guitar than those fratboy-ish chumps that happen to own a guitar, and say that they play, when in reality they only pick it up a couple times a year. IMO, my playing is just not clean enough sometimes, when I'm playing a hard song. It's hard for me to play a hard song perfectly without a little glitch or two. However, playing Black Sabbath songs, and other songs that are easy to play, is easy for me. Just curious, can you play fast and clean consistently?

Life.... what do you know on guitar and what techniques do you use. I have never heard you play and just curious.

Life.... what do you know on guitar and what techniques do you use. I have never heard you play and just curious.
Well, I play death metal, black metal, thrash, and some doom metal. I know tons of songs by Black Sabbath, old Metallica, Mourning Beloveth, Arghoslent, Darkthrone, etc. I also play in a band with a friend, which is something like techno with heavy metal (sometimes thrashy) guitars. When I write my own riffs, I use a shitload of palm muting (I love palm muting), and some tremolo picking. I'm a decent riff player (ie rhythm guitarist), though sometimes I'll have a little hickup here or there when I'm playing a hard song. Admittedly, I can't play lead whatsoever, as I don't write solos, nor bothered to learn any. What I'm best at, is picking. I'm good at picking fast palm muted rhythms, and can play some really fast triplets. But overall, I'm not a very complete guitarist, since I can't really play lead.

Well, I play death metal, black metal, thrash, and some doom metal. I know tons of songs by Black Sabbath, old Metallica, Mourning Beloveth, Arghoslent, Darkthrone, etc. I also play in a band with a friend, which is something like techno with heavy metal (sometimes thrashy) guitars. When I write my own riffs, I use a shitload of palm muting (I love palm muting), and some tremolo picking. I'm a decent riff player (ie rhythm guitarist), though sometimes I'll have a little hickup here or there when I'm playing a hard song. Admittedly, I can't play lead whatsoever, as I don't write solos, nor bothered to learn any. What I'm best at, is picking. I'm good at picking fast palm muted rhythms, and can play some really fast triplets. But overall, I'm not a very complete guitarist, since I can't really play lead.

I have been trying to improve my lead playing lately and also regular rythmn chords. I think warming up this way makes my rythmn playing better so when it's time to make riffs can hammer them out easier. I generally do not just start with rythmn and trying to make metal riffs.

Some guitarists that give me motivation and influence me.

Mikael Åkerfeldt
Jon Nödtveidt
Blakkheim
Esa Holopainen

Status
Not open for further replies.