the hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah...
nonstop action. 20+ MPH skating and people hitting each other. Fighting... and a puck that is being shot and hitting everyone going 90+mph. wow thats boring... :rolleyes:

Hockey is good when you're there and that's pretty much it. It's a pretty simplistic sport: There is a net at either end of the rink. Slap the puck into the net, which is hard because a guy is there. It's like soccer, but on ice and with sticks.

Also, baseballs are often thrown in excess of 100mph. I'd rather be hit by a hockey puck.

yeah...
nonstop action. 20+ MPH skating and people hitting each other. Fighting... and a puck that is being shot and hitting everyone going 90+mph. wow thats boring... :rolleyes:

Mabey it owuld be less boring if you knew what the fuck was going on half the time. And also, those are the only things that happen, most of the time.

I don't understand the fascination with sports. I mean, I'm not knocking anybody for being into it but it's just one of those things where I can't see what's so interesting about it, sort of like how I don't understand why people like Arcturus.

I don't understand the fascination with sports. I mean, I'm not knocking anybody for being into it but it's just one of those things where I can't see what's so interesting about it, sort of like how I don't understand why people like Arcturus.

It's pretty strange, yeah. Rooting for a bunch of rich guys playing a game that kids play for free is pretty wierd when you get right down to it. I guess it's just the drama inherent in competition.

Sports can be exciting, particularly when your own team is playing. One thing I don't understand is how some people are big fans of a team from an area that they don't live in and have never lived in. I live in Boston, and am only a fan of New England teams.

- competition (as andrew said, the drama)
- gambling
- fantasy sports
- spectacular athletes making spectacular plays
- greatest athletes in the word battling each other for supremacy
- the intricacies of the game (IE in football, its fascinating to watch what blitz package or what 3 or 4 WR sets will be called)

I think one can draw a parallell between metal and sports

if somebody unfamiliar with the genre listens to black metal, they just hear screaming + noise

if somebody unfamiliar with baseball watches a game, they just see a bunch of rich men playing a game

there's much much MUCH more to the game than what is on the surface and you have to understand the game to be able to appreciate its beauty

no, it doesn't appeal to me (big difference) I don't have any problem with it as a genre of music

the comparison I was trying to make is that there is far, far more to black metal than what you first experience on the surface (same thing with sports)

The problem is your focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.

Ok...what? Daily grind? You are in highschool son.

Status
Not open for further replies.