The Hate Thread

Who called me a fanboy?! Im not a fanboy at all, I just get an impression of Opeth haters as stupid braindead idiots.

I love Opeth and all, but the "Metal for the intellectual" tag just reeks of pretentious, pseudo intellectual wankery. Especially since Opeth only scratches the surface of 'intellectual' metal bands.

define 'intellectual' metal bands. and name them

Well thats just it, the term is completely subjective. IF you're to go the route of Opeth being an 'intellectual' metal band, then you would have to say Agalloch, early Ulver and the like delve deeper in such. But you could take it in many different directions since the term is so subjective. Hence the ' ' around intellectual.

Well thats just it, the term is completely subjective. IF you're to go the route of Opeth being an 'intellectual' metal band, then you would have to say Agalloch, early Ulver and the like delve deeper in such. But you could take it in many different directions since the term is so subjective. Hence the ' ' around intellectual.

if anything Ulver and Agalloch are the opposite of intellectual, they are more motivated music and lyrics wise to feelings/emotional side

"Im not a fanboy at all, I just get an impression of Opeth haters as stupid braindead idiots."
What is it for you a fanboy?.