The "I don't understand why people like this band" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Dec 10, 2005
Saint Louis
This has probably been done before in various forms, but the main forum has been severely lacking lately so I thought I'd throw this out there. As the title states, name bands you don't get the hype/etc over and explain why. Feel free to not have extremely long, pointless arguments that take up 17 pages plz kthks.

Anyway, I really don't see why people like Death. Boring, shitty songs. Schuldiner is extremely overrated IMO. [/preparesforflamagebychuckworshipers]

I'll post more as I think of them.

Mathiäs;6398982 said:
[/preparesforflamagebychuckworshipers]

I'll post more as I think of them.

OK first you have an Ildjarn Avatar, who ruined my weekend, and for a couple of days my faith in metal! Now you bash Death! Leprosy And SBG hardly qualify as boring! granted they got into the less heavy progressive stuff later, (god of thunder my ass) but they are still a great band!

why do people like Metal Church, they take all the thrashing out of thrash metal!
why do people like Daath, beneath the massacre, Six Feet under who is the most terribly overrated band ever, fuck...im dead, Obituary whos songs are very boring with 2-3 riffs a song!

why are most those bands i listed DM bands? why do people like Venom? WHY DO I LIKE VENOM? venom sucks and i know it, but i listen to them! ALOT!

DON'T FUCK WITH CHUCK!!

gunpoint.gif

I understand exactly why people like (insert all shitty bands here). It's because most people have shitty taste. Once you realize that, it becomes a simple matter of remembering that humans are fucking stupid, and then you can stop getting worked up over people that like bad music.

Just because someone likes metal doesn't mean they have good taste. A "metalhead" that listens to Metallica, Slayer, Ozzy, and In Flames is no different than a pop fan who listens to Justin Timberlake and Jessica Simpson. Well, there is a difference, the metalhead will invariably think all other music is shit, while the pop fan probably just doesn't care.

I'm surprised Opeth didn't come up in the first few posts.

Nothing really comes to mind for this thread immediately. I can see why any extreme metal band might appeal to people who are inclined to listen to this type of music. Lots of mediocre bands sound good to people who don't have any frame of reference.

Just because someone likes metal doesn't mean they have good taste. A "metalhead" that listens to Metallica, Slayer, Ozzy, and In Flames is no different than a pop fan who listens to Justin Timberlake and Jessica Simpson. Well, there is a difference, the metalhead will invariably think all other music is shit, while the pop fan probably just doesn't care.

not rly, at least you can tolerate the "metalhead"'s music. I can't tolerate stupid pop fans playing their horrible music.

I understand exactly why people like (insert all shitty bands here). It's because most people have shitty taste. Once you realize that, it becomes a simple matter of remembering that humans are fucking stupid, and then you can stop getting worked up over people that like bad music.

You should have a knife rammed up your ass.

You have shitty tastes to. Elitist faggot. God your kind are fucking terrible.

Again. Knife+Ass.

You should have a knife rammed up your ass.

You have shitty tastes to. Elitist faggot. God your kind are fucking terrible.

Again. Knife+Ass.
I would have been disappointed if the Metallica, Slayer, Ozzy fans didn't rise up to make threats on my life. Thanks for not letting me down.

Oh and one more thing, I would rather listen to Avril Lavigne or Kelly Clarkson than Black Sabbath, or most other "heavy metal" or "hair metal" for that matter.

I would have been disappointed if the Metallica, Slayer, Ozzy fans didn't rise up to make threats on my life. Thanks for not letting me down.

Oh and one more thing, I would rather listen to Avril Lavigne or Kelly Clarkson than Black Sabbath, or most other "heavy metal" or "hair metal" for that matter.

do you even like metal? your an asshole, and im about to cast you to the darkest depths of zoidbergatory!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.