The I love Logic 9 thread!

man.. seriously fuck u guys. Ive spent quite abit since i discovered this forums. I just ordered logic 9 few mins ago.

canadian eih, how much did u pay for it eih? Isit winter there eih? i always wanted to go to canada eih. Im sure the ppl there are much more friendlier than americans eih. Btw whats the beef between you guys and america? eih

man.. seriously fuck u guys. Ive spent quite abit since i discovered this forums. I just ordered logic 9 few mins ago.

Glad to hear, Ive had many a buyers impulse after reading these forums.... Steven Slate comes to mind..

But in all serious you won't regret it

steven slate is definitely next in the list. dammit man, i wish i have more control of my financial spending. Damn u credit card.

I`m not sure if you were serious or not. sarcasm is hard to read over the internet. but if you bought it then you should know how much it costs.
not really a beef between americans and canadians that I know of. And if there was, I wouldnt know because I dont really care.
Its not winter dipshit, its summer. and its eh, not eih, eh! lol

just disturbing u mate :p over here in nz we use aye or eih alot. So i guess theres abit of similarity there. its winter here. I do hope it will arrive by this weekend. I believe that this might be the next best thing if not better than pro tools. The flexibiliy of it is astounding. Apple really did it this time.

I believe that this might be the next best thing if not better than pro tools. The flexibiliy of it is astounding. Apple really did it this time.

exactly! the flex tool is amazing. the amp sims sound pretty decent, and drum replacement is such an awesome tool to have built into your DAW! Logic is the ultimate DAW nowadays!

hopefully they throw in pitch correction similar to melodyne and antares auto tune in version 10!!!!! wow imagine that?????

feck yea, i reckon. It seems that they put alot of thought into this and also to fuck pro tools in the ass. Is this version alot more stable and easy on the cpu usage? can any confirm this?

feck yea, i reckon. It seems that they put alot of thought into this and also to fuck pro tools in the ass. Is this version alot more stable and easy on the cpu usage? can any confirm this?

Been using it since Friday, not one single crash. The spin wheel of death does come into play sometimes, usually when I have high processing plugins like EW Orchestra or Steve Slate loading up.

When I bought a copy of Logic, I really started to appreciate how much of cash cow Digi is. Pro Tools is great for editing audio, and I stand by that, but now Logic 9 is on the scene, I think it's safe to say that it is geared up to make any type of musical project thrown at it.

seems to be even more CPU friendly. Logic 8 was rock solid for me anyway, and Logic 9 is the same. no crashes.

All I ever read on Logic forums, are people complaining about it crashing and being bug ridden. I've never really seen a logic bug at all.

Pro Tools on the other hand.....o_O

All this "vanilla kernel" stuff just feels very jury-rigged and is confusing as hell to me :lol:

I've read hackintosh stuff before where they say literally all you have to do is buy Apple's OSX and install. I guess that's more desktop machines, though.

I've had enough component tinkering and incompatibility issues. I'm sort of tired of setting things just right to make it work. I'm not saying this doesn't exist with Mac (some say it doesn't - usually ignorant fools imo - you know, the ads/people who say "it just works" - in reality, Apple has its own issues). I'm just saying I think there would be less tinkering with a real mac than a Hackintosh. Then again, maybe the savings is worth it.
Vanilla kernel == Stock Kernel. Unmodified. Basically if you have a core 2 duo up to a core 2 quad I think (maybe even a core i7, idk) you can use it. Otherwise you have to use a modified Kernel.

What I love though about my hackintosh is that I can update without worrying. The thing knows when to copy over the hacked kernel extensions to a folder during update, then replaces the updated ones with my own so I retain all my hacks and still get the updates. Quite awesome.

So. If you go hackintosh, iAtkos is the way to go. IMO.

The new features are incredible, such as flex mode. But shame they still can't sort its fucking bugs out, completely fucked my day up at work to day I tell ya. :mad: track, crash, track, crash, prob best way to some my day up! :erk:

Vanilla kernel == Stock Kernel. Unmodified. Basically if you have a core 2 duo up to a core 2 quad I think (maybe even a core i7, idk) you can use it. Otherwise you have to use a modified Kernel.

What I love though about my hackintosh is that I can update without worrying. The thing knows when to copy over the hacked kernel extensions to a folder during update, then replaces the updated ones with my own so I retain all my hacks and still get the updates. Quite awesome.

So. If you go hackintosh, iAtkos is the way to go. IMO.

Ah ok. I wonder if my desktop is compatible as is.