The 'I love ProTools' thread

yep, it's a secret key.. inscribed with a mystic , indecipherable glyph that looks roughly like this : ∂∑£∑†∑ :heh:

:lol:

Quick question, is there a modifier key that allows you to click on an FX in the mixer and totally remove it? Some assclown mixed a song at my internship with no bussing, 4 FX on like 15 different tracks, and I ended up clicking each effect and then clicking no insert to remove it after i putzed around with different combos of modifier keys but couldn't figure it out :err:.

Not sure if this will work, but I think if you select the tracks with the FX you want to get rid of in the mix window, you can push shift+option and click the FX and select No Insert and it should get rid of all of the inserts on the selected tracks in the selected insert slots. Just be careful not to get rid of inserts you need.

^yes that's the modifier set for performing many different things to multiple selected tracks at once... and no, just hitting delete doesn't actually work... i just thought it was funny. ;)

^if you're just choosing "no insert" to delete one insert on one channel you don't need a modifier key to do that.. in fact, holding down the alt(option on mac) key while doing that will delete every insert of the same number in every channel in the session.

never heard of the "holding N while clicking an insert" shortcut for deleting inserts though, so i just tested it... both with Keyboard Focus on and off.... and it didn't work at all. is it a new thing in 8? i'm still on 7.4.2

Hi Guys

Don't know if it's been covered before but do i need to take care of something special (apart from the tiger to leopard update) when upgrading from PTHD 7.3.1 to 8
My main concern is about my Waves plug-in

Cheers

I think in a future to go with the hd, but I have a doubt...what is the best digidesign interface to run it? the 192 I/o or the 96I/o ( not the 96iI/o)?
becouse I need also analog inputs....

Was just using 2 192s for tracking some drums the last two days. Worked out quite nicely. The HD3 system ran quite a lot slower than my LE rig, but apart from that, it was a breeze to record on and the sounds we got were quite pleasing considering the mics were generally mid/upper midrange material.

Would that by chance be the same guy that did the Cubase 4 tutorial and spoke in a very downtrodden, monotonous way and leaped from one feature to another with very tenuous linking between them? :lol:

The version 7 series of VTC PT tutorials were fantastic though. I learned most of what I know about operating the software from them. If they stuck with that level of quality, then it's all good!

I think in a future to go with the hd, but I have a doubt...what is the best digidesign interface to run it? the 192 I/o or the 96I/o ( not the 96iI/o)?
becouse I need also analog inputs....

Ah yes, and then you'll feel like getting an extra ad-da converter.:saint:

Would that by chance be the same guy that did the Cubase 4 tutorial and spoke in a very downtrodden, monotonous way and leaped from one feature to another with very tenuous linking between them? :lol:

The version 7 series of VTC PT tutorials were fantastic though. I learned most of what I know about operating the software from them. If they stuck with that level of quality, then it's all good!

Yeah, it is the same guy. Regardless of the tone of voice, he is probably one of the most knowledgeable people I know regarding audio.

I didn't see the version 7 series of PT tutorials but with 13.5 hours of tutorials, I really don't see how someone wouldn't gain something from the tutorials.

And lastly, I just want to help promote a friends hard work :)

I have no doubt that he's extremely knowledgeable! Anyone that would go through a DAW's entire feature set in such detail would have to be.

I'm just remarking that I struggled to get anything helpful from the prior video series largely due to the amazingly strained and disjointed way he presented the information. I think at least part of the mark of a good tutor is the ability to make the source material interesting for the student. I have no doubt there is some great information in there, and if people can sit through it all and absorb something from it, more power to them!