The 'I love ProTools' thread

I started to use Pro Tools at school, and I fell in love with it XD. Before september I was only using Cubase 5 at home. Now, I use Pro tools70% of the time and Cubase 30%. I use PT for all audio stuff, mostly recording and mixing, and I use Cubase for composing. PT just fucking rock, I LOVE the system of playlists, the track grouping and the drum editing in PT. I would have killed myself if I had to edit all the ep I'm doing right now in Cubase. Cubase still rocks on the MIDI side though.

I started to use Pro Tools at school, and I fell in love with it XD. Before september I was only using Cubase 5 at home. Now, I use Pro tools70% of the time and Cubase 30%. I use PT for all audio stuff, mostly recording and mixing, and I use Cubase for composing. PT just fucking rock, I LOVE the system of playlists, the track grouping and the drum editing in PT. I would have killed myself if I had to edit all the ep I'm doing right now in Cubase. Cubase still rocks on the MIDI side though.

PT is great for composing as well... and it "rocks on the MIDI side" too, check it out.

so.... what are your thoughts on what may be next from Digi? views range from "a native system with all the stuff we asked for like PDC and that" (yeah right) to "nothing"

so.... what are your thoughts on what may be next from Digi? views range from "a native system with all the stuff we asked for like PDC and that" (yeah right) to "nothing"

I think they will go the way of the Eleven Rack. Instead of having DSP cards as standard procedure with their interfaces, they will have interfaces with processors inside the interface that will handle all of the processing stuff that the Accel cards now can handle. Perhaps if you want more power there will be more powerful cards to purchase as an extension.

I'm really looking forward to the release of new hardware to see what Avid can do to take over even more of the market.

The big talk I've heard ***when I say big talk, I mean talking to actual people who beta test/used to work for Digi***, is that digi will at some point offer Native versions of the HD Converters. Essentially the most reliable story is that they will offer 192s for LE that run on firewire and can be diasy chained.

I know for a fact that Digi has no intention on making a new card based system, and most of their resources are now moving to the LE systems (hence the new 128 track upgrade packages and more new features in LE then HD).

The big talk I've heard ***when I say big talk, I mean talking to actual people who beta test/used to work for Digi***, is that digi will at some point offer Native versions of the HD Converters. Essentially the most reliable story is that they will offer 192s for LE that run on firewire and can be diasy chained.

I know for a fact that Digi has no intention on making a new card based system, and most of their resources are now moving to the LE systems (hence the new 128 track upgrade packages and more new features in LE then HD).

Interesting. I wonder if they will update the converters. Not to say there is anything wrong with them at all, but updates are never a bad thing :p

Like many others I have to agree, Pro Tools is the only DAW I would ever use. Editing alone is so much easier, I'm sure it has saved me countless hours.

That sounds pretty interesting. While I have nothing against the idea of getting an HD rig, I'd love to see what they eventually come up with LE.

Perhaps the idea in that hypothetical would be for them to unify the two platforms so both parties get a native offering to work off.

I think no matter what eventuality Digi will find a way to disappoint us. It has happened without fail throughout the years. They are a shareholder company and all they care about is the bottom line. If they see an avenue to continue to milk their users, they will take it.

As much as I dig the DAW, I've learned to loathe the company. Much as with Waves, every dollar I give them feels like it deteriorates my spirit.

Perhaps the idea in that hypothetical would be for them to unify the two platforms so both parties get a native offering to work off.

I think no matter what eventuality Digi will find a way to disappoint us. It has happened without fail throughout the years. They are a shareholder company and all they care about is the bottom line. If they see an avenue to continue to milk their users, they will take it.

As much as I dig the DAW, I've learned to loathe the company. Much as with Waves, every dollar I give them feels like it deteriorates my spirit.
they haven't disappointed me for years.. not since they shit-canned Masterlist.

noob question about beat detective...

im trying to learn how to use beat detective and i have a doubt

how do you recognize triplets?

i understand 4th 8th 16th 32th and 64th notes but i dont know how to recognize triplets (especially if they are in the middle of a different kind of note (example 32th notes))

how does a triplet sound?...could you explain it to me?
(if you can provide me with sound examples/songs it would be EXTREMELY helpful)

cheers ,
Mark.

How much does PT use when you create a new session? My task manager tells me it uses 750 mo, which is completely absurd. :loco:
oh snap. you're right... well, time to throw PT in the dustbin then... man, i gotta long day of calling every engineer i know to tell them they need to chuck PT ahead of me tomorrow.. i'll start with Andy first.... but hey... what shall we use instead? anyone up for checking which DAW's new project files are the smallest?... cuz clearly, that's the one we should all be using, :lol:.

btw, a new PT session, with no audio at all, is about 28kb, so.... you're doing something wrong, :p

;)

oh snap. you're right... well, time to throw PT in the dustbin then... man, i gotta long day of calling every engineer i know to tell them they need to chuck PT ahead of me tomorrow.. i'll start with Andy first.... but hey... what shall we use instead? anyone up for checking which DAW's new project files are the smallest?... cuz clearly, that's the one we should all be using, :lol:.

btw, a new PT session, with no audio at all, is about 28kb, so.... you're doing something wrong, :p

;)

I forgot the word ''RAM'' :lol:

So my question was How much RAM does pro tools use

Sorry hahaha :loco: