The inevitable has happened.. Good Bye Lopez

Status
Not open for further replies.

fulcrum500

New Metal Member
Mar 9, 2006
Martin Lopez is gone, I think most people could see that coming. Its time to see if Axenrot can pick up some groove to his beats and fill Lopez's shoes with some new recordings. Should be interesting.

Lopez's new band? One that doesn't tour, I'm guessing. Too bad. He'll be missed. I wonder what new material with Axe will sound like...?

Well this just better not fuck up Bloodbath, or maybe now that Axe will be Opeth's permanent drummer, he can convince Mike to do the next Bloodbath album!

And Good luck to Lopez with his future project.

Axe wouldn't be there if he couldn't fill the shoes, he is for sure an awesome drummer and will now be able to fully express his own style with the next Opeth album.

sad sad day today...!!!....o well.....i will miss him...!!!.....wishing him the best...!!!....Keep rockin...!!!.....PEAC EOUT

Damn. Not a surprise really, but still disappointing because as Mike said in his statement, they made some great music together and Lopez's style was a key part of Opeth's development. Wishing ML well and looking forward to what Opeth does next in the studio.

Noooooooo !!!! Well I'm not surprised, just really sad.

Good luck Axe. You have some mighty big shoes to fill.

As sad I feel today for "losing" Lopez from Opeth, as happy I feel for him as he is still playing and making music with his own, new band!

Go Lopez!! :cry:

Abhorsen said:
Damn. Not a surprise really, but still disappointing because as Mike said in his statement, they made some great music together and Lopez's style was a key part of Opeth's development. Wishing ML well and looking forward to what Opeth does next in the studio.
you took the words out my mouth

at least he is well enough to play music... opeth needs a drummer that can tour, so this is probably the best for both lopez and opeth. he contributed much to opeth's sound, indeed.
i also believe that axe will perform even better on record than on stage, so hopefully we won't be missing lopez that much.
cheers for lopez for all the good times and cheers for axe for being a full member of the band

Anyone remember what his last performance was? I think it was Chicago's SOTU, but he did not do the Meet and Greet as he wasn't feeling well or something at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.