The less discussed "big" BM bands

Thou Art Lord needs to be mentioned, their earliest material matches other high points of the early Greek Black Metal movement.

That said, four of my most prized musical items comes from Greece now, namely the original copy of Varathron - His Majesty At The Swamp, Necromantia/Varathron - Black Arts Lead To Everlasting Sins, Thou Art Lord/Ancient Rites split 7", and Thou Art Lord - Archaes Diabolos Legeones 7".

No joke. First four Burzum albums are masterpieces. Really I can only think of maybe half a dozen metal bands that are as good as or better than Burzum.

why people are drooling so much on burzum and darkthrone on this board? I don't get it.

it's like drooling on Lethal Weapon trilogy or Die Hard trilogy.

both were great back in the days but there is more interesting stuff to hear/watch these days.

why people are drooling so much on burzum and darkthrone on this board? I don't get it.

both were great back in the days but there is more interesting stuff to hear/watch these days.

Darkthrone is more like the Godfather trilogy. Which is very good.

Because they are both excellent and classic bands.

Thoth, can you recommend 2-3 more pieces like this?

I listened to this and I loved it.

sorry everyone. I know this has nothing to do with this thread...um... black metal!:oops:

From the same composer or just similar pieces? Hmmmm... well that is a rather unique work but some other pieces you may want to look into would include:
Shostakovich- Sym. 10
Bartok- Piano Concertos 1-3 (especially number 2); Sting Quartets 1-6 (especially the last 2).
Penderecki- Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima
Stravinsky- The Rite of Spring
Ligeti- Reqieum; Atmospheres
Ives- The Unanswered Question
Gorecki- Sym. 2 & 3

I wouldn't say that these works are all similar to that Bartok piece but they are all 20th century works that are very dark and powerful, so you should enjoy them.

Because they are both excellent and classic bands.

From the same composer or just similar pieces? Hmmmm... well that is a rather unique work but some other pieces you may want to look into would include:
Shostakovich- Sym. 10
Bartok- Piano Concertos 1-3 (especially number 2); Sting Quartets 1-6 (especially the last 2).
Penderecki- Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima
Stravinsky- The Rite of Spring
Ligeti- Reqieum; Atmospheres
Ives- The Unanswered Question
Gorecki- Sym. 2 & 3

I wouldn't say that these works are all similar to that Bartok piece but they are all 20th century works that are very dark and powerful, so you should enjoy them.

Can you show me some minimalist compsings.

Can you show me some minimalist compsings.

Sure. I'll list some stuff that is generally considered minimalism which I love:
Gorecki- Sym. 3; Totus Tuus; Miserere; Good Night
Glass- Company (String Quartet); Violin Concerto
Part- Te Deum; Tabula Rasa; Berliner Mass (version for Organ and four vocalists); Fratres (Version for Violin and Strings); Passio; Kanon Pokajanen; Missa Sillabica; Spiegel Im Spiegel; etc.
Killar- Angelus
Tavener- The Last Sleep of the Virgin; Song For Athene; God is With Us; Funeral Ikos; As One Who Slept