The less discussed "big" BM bands

Been listening to OM from Negura Bunget a lot lately. By far one of my favorite black metal albums of all time it's just fantastic.

I never listened to Enslaved yet so I can't comment on them.

I love Om. Negura Bunget have to be one of the best bands I've seen live.

Been listening to OM from Negura Bunget a lot lately. By far one of my favorite black metal albums of all time it's just fantastic.

After almost a year of listening to this, I'd have to say it's definitely inferior to its predecessor.

Same goes for Nokturnal Mortum - Nechrist was a touch better than Weltanschauung.

Evil Angel - Unholy Fight For Metal, true and thrashy...
must be heard:kickass:

Grand Belial's Key, Demoncy, and Profanatica don't get talked about very much.[/o noes USBM scenekid]

Hells Headbangers has a pretty awesome Profanatica vinyl comp/boxset thing that I was thinking of picking up.

What do you think of Havohej-Dethrone The Son of God?

locating it now. Will send it to you through PM.

So what crazy sub-genre are they now(dont say viking metal. That is very very close to black metal)

From the translations I have had from people I know. Not perfect translations.

Ildjarn. Very very great Black metal. Another band that is much better then Burzum.

That can be said of nearly every band in relation to Burzum. lol

Hells Headbangers has a pretty awesome Profanatica vinyl comp/boxset thing that I was thinking of picking up.

What do you think of Havohej-Dethrone The Son of God?

That collection has also been reissued on CD, which I plan to get soon. I haven't heard Havohej yet.

Profanatica is great. We are definitely straying from "big" bands now, though. More USBM in the vein of Profanatica and Demoncy: Horn of Dagoth, Winter of Apokalypse, Averse Sefira, Teratism, Gates of Enoch, Thornspawn... eh, I guess I'm a Texas BM fanboy.

Well if Profanatica is big, which I don't object to, Black Funeral and Nachtmystium should be as well. I like them a bit more than Profanatica.