the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say soriano is a poor fielder, 22 assists last year with 11 errors (respectable amount)

he's definately an MVP candidate if cubs make a huge improvement this year and he puts up another monster season

Soriano having 11 assists is a misleading statistic. It was his first season in the outfield, so everyone ran on him. It's the same thing with rookie OF's- they get a lot of assists because everyone tests them, therefore they get more chances for assists.

Soriano having 11 assists is a misleading statistic. It was his first season in the outfield, so everyone ran on him. It's the same thing with rookie OF's- they get a lot of assists because everyone tests them, therefore they get more chances for assists.

still, I wouldn't say his defense is poor enough to hurt his chances for an MVP

he will have to step up this year as however as he will be playing center field (has the speed and the arm for it)

Yeah, I think it is. Besides, there are too many better potential MVP candidates for him to be considered anyway.

you guys are grossly overexaggerating the importance of quality defense in the MVP voting

if soriano hits 45 - 45 - 100 - 100 and the cubs win 90 - 95+ games, how can you tell me he is not a huge MVP candidate?? considering how awful they were last year??

yea pujols should definately be in teh top 3 (as he almost always is)

I wonder how well derek lee will play

his last full season, he hit .336 with 46 bombs and a .420 on base (and he's only 31 years old)

you guys are grossly overexaggerating the importance of quality defense in the MVP voting

if soriano hits 45 - 45 - 100 - 100 and the cubs win 90 - 95+ games, how can you tell me he is not a huge MVP candidate?? considering how awful they were last year??

I don't think so. Yeah, fielding isn't what people really look at when deciding on MVP's, but it helps. Soriano is not a good enough hitter to ignore his below average play in the outfield. He'd either have to be a first baseman or a much better hitter than anyone else for me to ignore his fielding.

Again, I think he's a great player, but he has some serious flaws. And there's no denying that he'll be a huge asset to the Cubs.

Also, like I said, even without the defense there are other players in the NL moe likely to win. And plus, the Cubs will not win 90 or 95 games Dave. I'll put money on it.

yea pujols should definately be in teh top 3 (as he almost always is)

I wonder how well derek lee will play

his last full season, he hit .336 with 46 bombs and a .420 on base (and he's only 31 years old)

I like Derek Lee a lot actually. I'm sure he'll pull out a nice season, but I seriously doubt he'll match his accomplishments of last year.

I love Derek "The Waffle-Iron" Kirsheimer, the running wing-liner for the Minnesotta Gnolls. Gotta love his 68% average on 352 runs for 53, with a 591 yardage over 17 years.

GO GNOLLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.