the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
uhhh this is how our society works right now

people will always want to rob/murder/rape etc..., but they won't because they are afraid of the consequences

how the fuck do you plan on "rehabilitating" society? you are very naive

It's called ETHICAL EDUCATION, something that American students obviously don't receive. Do you want to admit right here that the only reason you don't kill/rape/steal is fear of getting caught?

Your never going to stop crime, its IMPOSSIBLE. Learn that and you might stop this idealogy crap that doesn't work.

this ideology crap is fuckin' ridiculous

how can you possibly expect to stop men from wanting to rape women when they receive very intense pleasure from that activity (not talking about all men obviously, but those who do are like that)? you are extremely naive if you think you can turn the world into a massive utopia where everybody wants to live in harmony

hell, look at ohio grinder's comments on this board, if it wasn't for consequences/criminal system, he would probably rape any woman he finds attractive who will not sleep with him

It's called ETHICAL EDUCATION, something that American students obviously don't receive. Do you want to admit right here that the only reason you don't kill/rape/steal is fear of getting caught?

Dolt. He was saying that people with violent urges often resist them for fear of the consequences; NOT that every one of us evil, bloodthirsty Americans all want to kill and rape each other but don't because we don't want to go to jail.

sad just sad. why do you care about murderers and rapists and people who attack and blah blah blah?
they are bad people! You kill them and get rid of them. bam its all fixed, they wont hurt anyone ever again.
stop being such a fucking pussy! people like you are ruining this country.

You're a clueless fucking idiot as usual, and I'm not even addressing your fucking "argument."

It's called punishment for what you have done. You can be rehabilitated all you want, but you sure as hell going to do the time for the crime.

If I molest a child, and, they sentence me to 25 years, you sure as hell going to do those 25 years.

Its been found rehabilitative justice does not work. Just look at vermont.

People like you have no compassion for the victims.

Victims have no compassion, they're the ones seeking blood. And in case you didn't read my second post, it's not just a rehabilitation program, it's an indefinite prison sentence. You're in prison until you can prove that you can fit into society. You choose how long your sentence is. This "25 years" bullshit makes about as much sense as reciting Hail Mary prayers.

uhhh this is how our society works right now

people will always want to rob/murder/rape etc..., but they won't because they are afraid of the consequences

how the fuck do you plan on "rehabilitating" society? you are very naive

I never proposed a fucking plan for rehabilitation, that's for someone who actually knows what they're talking about, but there are certainly people who have been rehabilitated, so it is possible. For many people, as I already said, it won't be, but for some, it should be an option.

Your never going to stop crime, its IMPOSSIBLE. Learn that and you might stop this idealogy crap that doesn't work.

*ideology

And nobody's proposing anything in an attempt to "stop crime" (at least I'm not). What I'm proposing is merely a revamping of the criminal justice system to be more effective and beneficial to society.

this ideology crap is fuckin' ridiculous

how can you possibly expect to stop men from wanting to rape women when they receive very intense pleasure from that activity (not talking about all men obviously, but those who do are like that)? you are extremely naive if you think you can turn the world into a massive utopia where everybody wants to live in harmony

hell, look at ohio grinder's comments on this board, if it wasn't for consequences/criminal system, he would probably rape any woman he finds attractive who will not sleep with him

Ohiogrinder has mental problems and can't be rehabilitated.

What the fuck is this "massive utopia" jibberjabber you're coming up with? You're taking my words and running with them. Jesus Christ, my idea isn't even that fucking radical.

You're a clueless fucking idiot as usual, and I'm not even addressing your fucking "argument."

Victims have no compassion, they're the ones seeking blood. And in case you didn't read my second post, it's not just a rehabilitation program, it's an indefinite prison sentence. You're in prison until you can prove that you can fit into society. You choose how long your sentence is. This "25 years" bullshit makes about as much sense as reciting Hail Mary prayers.

I never proposed a fucking plan for rehabilitation, that's for someone who actually knows what they're talking about, but there are certainly people who have been rehabilitated, so it is possible. For many people, as I already said, it won't be, but for some, it should be an option.

*ideology

And nobody's proposing anything in an attempt to "stop crime" (at least I'm not). What I'm proposing is merely a revamping of the criminal justice system to be more effective and beneficial to society.

Ohiogrinder has mental problems and can't be rehabilitated.

What the fuck is this "massive utopia" jibberjabber you're coming up with? You're taking my words and running with them. Jesus Christ, my idea isn't even that fucking radical.

both of my posts were aimed at hibernal dream, not at you

but responding to you, the problem with your idea is that is highly impractical. How the fuck do you determine who is fit and who is unfit to function in society? this is an impossible plan as far as I am concerned

Dolt. He was saying that people with violent urges often resist them for fear of the consequences; NOT that every one of us evil, bloodthirsty Americans all want to kill and rape each other but don't because we don't want to go to jail.

I don't see a huge difference - matter of degree really

A utopia is impossible. All i'm saying is i'd rather a society where MOST people who refrain from crime are those that want to, rather than millions of shady characters who would kill at an instant come anarchy. Someone who wants to commit rape or homicide but doesn't because they are scared of the punishment is seriously fucked up and needs to be rehabilitated. Under a capital punishment scheme they wouldn't get that rehabilitation.

Oh hey thanks for that Amarantus.

Anyway, Dodens' idea makes a lot of sense. The method of, essentially, placing someone in time-out for fifteen years seems pretty arbitrary. The only problem I see with the idea of staying in prison until you prove that you are rehabilitated is this: how do you determine when someone is rehabilitated? And if they do "prove" they are rehabilitated and commit the same crime again, what happens?

Rape isn't about sexual pleasure. It is about gaining a sense of power and superiority through violence that happens to be of a sexual nature.

yea I know. But that sense of power and superiority is still a very powerful source of pleasure for the rapist (that's why I said very intense pleasure, not sexual pleasure)

Someone who wants to commit rape or homicide but doesn't because they are scared of the punishment is seriously fucked up and needs to be rehabilitated.

holy fuck, do you realize what % of people are "fucked up" with your type of thinking? Hell I am probably "seriously fucked up" with what you are saying

Oh hey thanks for that Amarantus.

Anyway, Dodens' idea makes a lot of sense. The method of, essentially, placing someone in time-out for fifteen years seems pretty arbitrary. The only problem I see with the idea of staying in prison until you prove that you are rehabilitated is this: how do you determine when someone is rehabilitated? And if they do "prove" they are rehabilitated and commit the same crime again, what happens?

yea I agree with you, this is an impossible plan to implement, as great as it sounds in theory

holy fuck, do you realize what % of people are "fucked up" with your type of thinking? Hell I am probably "seriously fucked up" with what you are saying

I'm taking an uneducated guess that you're underage, and an educated one that you'll grow out of that tendency. If we had a better education system more people would, and at an earlier age too.

A utopia is impossible. All i'm saying is i'd rather a society where MOST people who refrain from crime are those that want to, rather than millions of shady characters who would kill at an instant come anarchy. Someone who wants to commit rape or homicide but doesn't because they are scared of the punishment is seriously fucked up and needs to be rehabilitated. Under a capital punishment scheme they wouldn't get that rehabilitation.

Well then what the fucking hell is your point? If someone wants to commit violence and doesn't, what's the problem? Yeah, if they are constantly thinking about killing, they have a serious mental issue, but they do not need to be "rehabiltated. They didn't do anything. What they need is help. And of course, pretty much everyone has wanted to do harm to another person at one time or another. Even you (you're a fucking liar if you deny it). I'm pretty confused by your post, because you're saying that- because of capital punishment- someone who fantasises about killing but doesn't do it won't get help... That makes no sense.

Besides, most people don't want to commit rape or murder. The vast majority of people would not "kill in an instant" if there was anarchy. Are you fucking paranoid?

Well then what the fucking hell is your point? If someone wants to commit violence and doesn't, what's the problem? Yeah, if they are constantly thinking about killing, they have a serious mental issue, but they do not need to be "rehabiltated. They didn't do anything. What they need is help. And of course, pretty much everyone has wanted to do harm to another person at one time or another. Even you (you're a fucking liar if you deny it). I'm pretty confused by your post, because you're saying that- because of capital punishment- someone who fantasises about killing but doesn't do it won't get help... That makes no sense.

Besides, most people don't want to commit rape or murder. The vast majority of people would not "kill in an instant" if there was anarchy. Are you fucking paranoid?

If there were more lenient sentencing, people would get the help they need. The legal system doesn't cover every kind of wrongdoing, and if people have the attitude i'm talking about they'll engage in all kinds of wrongful social conduct. Punishment is not enough as a deterrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.