the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screw fantasy baseball; real baseball is going to be awesome this year. After the dissapointing end to the pats season I need a pick-me-up.

Damn, Daisuke Matzusaka isn't looking so good. He's not throwing as hard as people thought he would and his command has been shakey at best. He'd better work out his control issues, and soon, or the Yankees will eat him alive.

Spring training means nothing. He'll be fine.

Spring training means nothing. He'll be fine.

Control is control. Are you suggesting that wearing a BP jersey instead of a game jersey will suddenly fix his control? And your point would make more sense if his control had improved over the spring, which it did not.

edit: And he's Japanese. It would be unusual if he didn't struggle.

Control is control. Are you suggesting that wearing a BP jersey instead of a game jersey will suddenly fix his control?

And your point would make more sense if his control had improved over the spring, which it did not.

His control wasn't horrible anyway and pitchers don't crank up their velocity in ST.

His control wasn't horrible anyway and pitchers don't crank up their velocity in ST.

By the end they do. He walked nine hitters in his last nine innings- against Cincinatti and Philadelphia.

I'm not saying he's going to get shelled, but even he admits that his control is off, and if he doesn't not correct it (which he probably will) he'll have a serious problem the first time he faces the Yankees.

Anyone know a good stats site with ST stats and WHIP?

By the end they do. He walked nine hitters in his last nine innings- against Cincinatti and Philadelphia.

I'm not saying he's going to get shelled, but even he admits that his control is off, and if he doesn't not correct it (which he probably will) he'll have a serious problem the first time he faces the Yankees.

Anyone know a good stats site with ST stats and WHIP?

you can measure whip easily

Hits + BBs/innings pitched

just use MLB.com to get the hits, bb, and IP

baserunners allowed per inning, it's a stat used to gauge how efficient a pitcher is

1 - 1.10 WHIP is fantastic, below 1 means you are one of the best pitchers in the league.

the most dominating season off all time in baseball was pedro martinez in 2000 when he had a .74 whip (which means he was giving up only 3 baserunners every 4 innings)

Status
Not open for further replies.