the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
and I wouldn't say the ball gets past them more often than not

batters more often make contact in someway (whether it is in play or a foul ball) than they strikeout. The reason there are so many foul balls is because it is so hard to hit the ball squarely and with good power; not only do you have to time it properly they have to hit the ball with the fat part of the bat (if they get on top of the ball or underneath it too much, it becomes an out or a foul ball)

I'm laughing at the stupidity on the parts of GR and Krig. The idea that baseball players "stand there" is fucking hilariously flawed. I'll just let these fieling plays speak for themselves (and keep in mind that these guys do this shit every day, usually in the blazing sun, for six months:

(Includes the Gary Matthews Jr. catch from last season.)

And that's just one part of the game. Maybe later I'll find some nice pitching, baserunning or hitting montages. But here's Alex Rodgriguez's walk-off jack from last week. You'll notice quite a few empty seats and the usually sold-out Yankee Stadium. Of course, this game was on a Thursday afternoon and the Yankees were down by four runs in the 9th.

PS: A-Rod's ability to hit homeruns as a right-handed hitter at Yankee Stadium is somewhat unusual. That bomb (like most of his others in The Bronx) was hit to dead center. That's over 408 feet. He does hit his share of homers to right (399) and to the short porch in right (385), though,

And, @ Krig: Hockey is all about movement, huh? You can't stop moving, huh? Well I guess none of the goalies got that memo.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats another thing. what kind of sport gives you a point when the ball goes out of bounds?! hahahaha
~gR~

Only now do I realize the true extent of your idiocy. You truley have no understanding of baseball whatsoever. Hate to break it to you, but that's the way it is. I'm sorry that the game is too complicated for you.

The run (not point) is awarded to the player not for the act of hitting the ball over the fence*, but for rounding the bases and reaching home all on one hit. A homerun does not require that the ball is hit out of the park. Inside-the-park homers are rare, but they happen. Hitting the ball over the fence in fair territory means that the fielding team can not possibly tag/ throw out the player who hit the ball; therefore, he goes all the way to home.

*It isn't "out of bounds", since there is no "out of bounds" in baseball. There is "foul" and "fair" however, and balls hit over the fence into foul terriorty are foul balls and count as a first or second (but not) third stike. The fielding team can catch a foul ball for an out and the hitter can bring the count to two strikes. The only thing the hitter gains from a foul ball is forcing the pitcher to throw more pitches.

oh my god, are you guys that dense? i even added a little "haha" at the end to signify a joke. either you guys are dumb, or trying to be baseball elitists and have no sense of humor in the matter

GET A LIFE
~gR~

oh my god, are you guys that dense? i even added a little "haha" at the end to signify a joke. either you guys are dumb, or trying to be baseball elitists and have no sense of humor in the matter

GET A LIFE
~gR~

I love when someone gets fucking schooled and then they make a feeble attempt to play it off like they were joking.

No, I actually think he was being sarcastic. However, you make a great point and schooled him nonetheless. Obviously soccer has an out of bounds, that is also a pretty obvious sarcasm hint.

No, I actually think he was being sarcastic. However, you make a great point and schooled him nonetheless. Obviously soccer has an out of bounds, that is also a pretty obvious sarcasm hint.

Soccer having an out-of-bounds doesn't really enter into it. I don't think he was joking, based on his previous demonstraties of his total lack of understanding of the game.

They also play twice the number of games and are able to hit small objects hurtling at them at 90+ miles an hour, not to mention throw at 90+ miles an hour.

hockey players get hit on their entire body by a puck that goes just as fast. Goalies job is to get infront of said 90 mph puck and stop it.
oh and catches know where the ball is going. goalies have no fucking clue

And, @ Krig: Hockey is all about movement, huh? You can't stop moving, huh? Well I guess none of the goalies got that memo.

Even the goalies move more than baseball players.
you show a couple videos of some fielding, big fucking deal!
that happens 3 times a game.

160 games :lol: they play some catch and swing a bat. the pitcher is the only one that does anything!

im still wondering how youve come to the idea that i know nothing on the sport! someone please lay it out for me. cuz im pretty sure youre just making assumptions
~gR~

Even the goalies move more than baseball players.
you show a couple videos of some fielding, big fucking deal!
that happens 3 times a game.

160 games :lol: they play some catch and swing a bat. the pitcher is the only one that does anything!

All hockey players do is skate around and slam into each other. It's great if you're stupid and have a short attention span.

Fielding, by the way, is not some rare occurence that happens "three times a game". 27 outs per team, so that's 54 outs to be made in a game, and unless it's Roger Clemens and Pedro Martinez starting the game, you should expect to see more than maybe 15 strikeouts for both teams. All those others outs require... what? Oh, that's rught! Fielding plays!

im still wondering how youve come to the idea that i know nothing on the sport! someone please lay it out for me. cuz im pretty sure youre just making assumptions
~gR~

You have demonstrated that you don't get it. For example, you think a home run is "hitting a ball out of bounds". You don't know what pitcher it. You don't know what pitch-calling it. You don't know about signs. You don't know about hitting. You don't know about fielding. Happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.