the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow that was a dumb conversation. TBH I don't really care what nikkie is attracted to, that's her choice and it doesn't concern me at all. I just sort of feel the same way about bodybuilding that you guys (and me as well I suppose) feel towards metal, that it would receive more mainstream acceptance. I don't mean to impose my views on this issue (of fitness) on you guys, I am just kinda frustrated that people find average looking pretty boys more attractive than someone like stan mcquay. who has worked incredibly hard/made many sacrifices to attain his physique

:lol: x 59283528952858723875 @ big faggot ass dave getting frustrated over people not finding "his people" most attractive.

eh I don't really give a shit what girls think, I am still going to get to 225 - 240 pounds. I'll just have to work a little harder to find a girl who likes me for who I am

that is all :)

I've never had a problem getting gals and I'm fairly buff too. In real relationships how you look isn't that huge of a deal.

I feel similarly about running. Could never see the attraction of weight-lifting, though, it's so confined. Running you can do anywhere. :)

I fuckin love weight lifting. It's just such a beautiful sport to me, it is such a huge challenge everyday that never gets stale or repetitive (assuming you continue to get stronger and stronger everyday). Deadlifting 300 pounds (which is a small number) for 10 reps is just an excruciating challenge that is immensely rewarding when you are able to finish it. People have this idea of weightlifting/bodybuilding being this superficial, pointless, activity but it's just so much more than that. It is just a glorious feeling in the gym to pump out set after set of record highs, get the pump flowing through the muscles (where your skin is tight it feels like its going to tear). It's such a glorious feeling coming home with every muscle fiber in your body annihilated, having a protein shake and watching the game

I am just kinda frustrated that people find average looking pretty boys more attractive than someone like stan mcquay. who has worked incredibly hard/made many sacrifices to attain his physique

Probably because, like you, he's more likely than the average guy to have a head full of hot air due to standing in the gym and watching himself in the mirror pumping iron.

Probably because, like you, he's more likely than the average guy to have a head full of hot air due to standing in the gym and watching himself in the mirror pumping iron.

:lol: actually stan gets plenty of girls :p but mainstream culture still prefers 150 LB pretty boy faggots to dudes like me and stan who actually live the lfestyle, who don't drink and eat at mcdonalds 24/7, and who know how to train. Like I said before, these shirtless 150 - 160 LB guys are to my sport/hobby, what slipknot and limp bizkit are to heavy metal. They dumb down the sport incredibly for mainstream pop culture to accept them.

i get bored lifting. id rather play soccer. i mean, how can pushing a bar be entertaining?
~gR~
It does feel good. Putting every bit of your energy into moving something. I like using all of my strength for something, or doing something as hard as I can (well, when I'm mad, I sometimes hit something as hard as I can, but that's a different story).

lol, well come party with me anyways. i'll be in norfolk may 1st and 2nd. come have a drink with the roachmeister before he goes to war
~gR~

i get bored lifting. id rather play soccer. i mean, how can pushing a bar be entertaining?
~gR~

Like most fitness, you go through the boring and into the addictive stage at some point. That being said, I don't lift much anymore, maybe once a week or so.

I play football twice a week, as it is, as you so rightly say, much less tedious.

(6'3'', 252 lbs, Ginger-love-machine/pie eating bastard):kickass:

Status
Not open for further replies.