The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

Now playing: Wardruna - Algir - Tognatale

I'm never getting tired of Wardruna. It was just announced that they'll play the By:Larm festival in Oslo next year, and I think I'll go, even though Wardruna probably will be the only interesting band there.

Go! And go see Alit Boazu!

They're a Sami band from Northern Norway, and play progressive rock with some yoiking mixed in for good measure. Not completely my style, but a great band nonetheless.

http://www.bylarm.no/nor/artists/5432

175374.jpg

Definitely one of/if not my favorite band. I can not wait for the new album, which should be out some time next month.

One of the best from Canada (hello fellow Canadian) along with uneXpect, Quo Vadis and Devin Townsend (new album coming out soon, wow 2 in a year!). I recently discovered a prog one called Empyria, they're good :headbang: .
Augury is the best canadian band AFAIC. Their new album Fragmentary Evidence must be the best release of 2009 IMO (the one i forgot!! :oops:)

One of the best from Canada (hello fellow Canadian) along with uneXpect, Quo Vadis and Devin Townsend (new album coming out soon, wow 2 in a year!). I recently discovered a prog one called Empyria, they're good :headbang: .

WoY is definitely one of the best Canadian bands. Devin is just amazing in every project he touches, and I've been meaning to give uneXpect a listen but I haven't got around to it yet. I am also a big fan of Into Eternity, Gates of Winter, Augury, Psychotic Gardening, Howling Syn, Moonlyght, and Wolven Ancestry.

I live 9 kilometres from where Morten Veland (Sirenia frontman) grew up, and he was in a picture hanging right outside my classroom a couple of years ago. Also, the two newest albums suck.

That is pretty awesome. The new Sirenia album is good, but I am still more of a fan of Morten era Tristania than anything Sirenia has put out.

Now Playing:
f-DARK_THE_SUNS349c1525500009264.jpg

One of my favorites from 2009.

I live 9 kilometres from where Morten Veland (Sirenia frontman) grew up, and he was in a picture hanging right outside my classroom a couple of years ago. Also, the two newest albums suck.

Oh yeah, they're simply horrible!!! :puke:

What do you mean by "he was in a picture hanging outside my classroom"?

Augury is the best canadian band AFAIC. Their new album Fragmentary Evidence must be the best release of 2009 IMO (the one i forgot!! :oops:)

Never heard them, downloading said album right now :) . Hmm they do look familiar though….

maybe because this album features guest vocals by Syriak and Leilindel (UNEXPECT)? :rolleyes:

Nope, I'm sure I had seen the band logo before :rolleyes: .

There was an old picture of him from when he went to the school I went to.

Ah OK.

WoY is definitely one of the best Canadian bands. Devin is just amazing in every project he touches, and I've been meaning to give uneXpect a listen but I haven't got around to it yet. I am also a big fan of Into Eternity, Gates of Winter, Augury, Psychotic Gardening, Howling Syn, Moonlyght, and Wolven Ancestry.

That is pretty awesome. The new Sirenia album is good, but I am still more of a fan of Morten era Tristania than anything Sirenia has put out.

Thanks for the recommendations! I don't like new Sirenia, but I love Tristania with Morten.

Sonata Arctica:As If the World Wasn't [sic] Ending

I'm not sure what I think of this album, some parts are good but in general it's very inconsistent. Unia was much better IMO. And why do bands never know how to use the subjunctive correctly?! :yuk:

Sonata Arctica:As If the World Wasn't [sic] Ending

I'm not sure what I think of this album, some parts are good but in general it's very inconsistent. Unia was much better IMO. And why do bands never know how to use the subjunctive correctly?! :yuk:

I still haven't heard the new album but if Unia was better than it doesn't bode well for me liking it, Unia is probably my least favorite or second least favorite of their albums. The best song on Unia was the bonus track "Out In The Fields".

Cauldron.jpg