The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

Posted this on the blog. Great track. I'm looking forward to this new album.

NP: BLAZE // Silicon Messiah — probably one of the most overlooked traditional heavy metal albums of all time. Produced by Andy Sneap. Great writing, great guitar work, great energy. The first two albums from these guys (this one and Tenth Dimension) are highly rated in my book. Also, great cover art.

Blaze_-_Silicon_Messiah_%282000%29.jpg

dt-addicted-cover-600x600.jpg

This album is definitely going to be in my top 10 for 2009. I have been a huge fan of Anneke van Giersbergen for a long time and she compliments Devin's style perfectly.

dt-addicted-cover-600x600.jpg

This album is definitely going to be in my top 10 for 2009. I have been a huge fan of Anneke van Giersbergen for a long time and she compliments Devin's style perfectly.

Oh Gott is it out already?!?

EDIT:

Downloaded it, and one word: Brilliant.

Anneke's contribution is amazing, I thought that the previous ones were quite weak (e.g. Ayreon), but she's great here, with her own non-The Gathering voice, she sounds Anneke, not TG, something I felt happened to her.

I love the cover, his son (daughter?) has really made an impact on him, I guess it happens to everyone. But not everyone makes music about it ;) .
The Devin Townsend Project: Resolve

Well, it's very similar in my opinion. I'd say that there's more folky breakdowns, lots of great catchy melodies but still heavy and pretty fast. I like it a lot.
you can listen to 3 tracks (Nattväsen, Mina Fäders Hall, Vetrarmegin) from the new album on their myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/manegarm
which i'm doing right now :)

edit: it's still not my cup of tea, but it sounds kinda more fruity than the previous release... i think i might even like this album :)