The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

you can listen to 3 tracks (Nattväsen, Mina Fäders Hall, Vetrarmegin) from the new album on their myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/manegarm
which i'm doing right now :)

edit: it's still not my cup of tea, but it sounds kinda more fruity than the previous release... i think i might even like this album :)

Thus far my favorite track is Nattsjäl-Drömsjäl. But that one isn't up yet. Great violin and vocal harmonies.

Nothin' so metal as harmonized voice and violins! :headbang: :p

Thus far my favorite track is Nattsjäl-Drömsjäl. But that one isn't up yet. Great violin and vocal harmonies.

Nothin' so metal as harmonized voice and violins! :headbang: :p
harmonized voice? :rolleyes: i don't know about that particular track but i really hope it does sound harmonized. Because the vocals is what has always ruined this band for me, every time i listen to them i try to think the vocals away, because i really like the music :erk: The acoustic album is therefore my fav. because it's been saved by a nice female singing :p

108496.jpg

Elvina said:
Swallow The Sun // New Moon
Thoughts?
uhm... i got this recommended by a friend, i didn't know this band before, so i cannot compare it with their previous works... But this one was quite ok, not mind-blowing or anything. But i will definitely have to give it a few more listens before i can form an opinion ;) and your own thoughts on it?

uhm... i got this recommended by a friend, i didn't know this band before, so i cannot compare it with their previous works... But this one was quite ok, not mind-blowing or anything. But i will definitely have to give it a few more listens before i can form an opinion ;) and your own thoughts on it?

Someone recommended it to me, but I haven't heard it yet.

Hollenthon // Opus Magnum // On The Wings Of A Dove
(absolutely amazing operatic death/black band which I can't understand I didn't fall completely for first time I heard them)

i saw them live one year ago without knowing them at all, they played before tyr that night. i only knew schirenc's other group, pungent stench.
the day after i ran to the pc and downloaded the entire discography :lol:

another new discovery for me:
Sun of the Blind // Skullreader

this is another project of Darkspace member Zhaaral. While i cannot listen to Darkspace (really too much for my ears), this is exactly how i like it :headbang: great stuff! goes directly into my top 2009 releases. i hope more will come out of this project...

Woods of Ypres - Pursuit of the Sun & Allure of the Earth.

I never heard an entire album from this guys before, just a couple of tracks that did nothing for me. It's very painful to hear this. If I need to resume it, it's like a 3rd rate Agalloch rip off (which it's a 2nd rate Ulver's Bergtatt rip off anyway, but enjoyable enough) with very few 'new' elements added on it.

Maybe I should check their last albums looking for some improvement, who knows.

That Hollenthon album is great. I liked a lot.

David Bowie - Segue: Baby Grace (A Horrid Cassette)
Outside (1994)

Awesome album, just discovered it a few days ago. I love the dark cyberpunkish futuristic atmosphere that the album concept is about. Great cd to listen to during those long drives to home in the middle of the night.

Been listening to a lot of 2nd Suicide (out of Finland). In particular, their Last Of Kin EP, this is definately a melodic death band that is going places.

Hollenthon // Opus Magnum // On The Wings Of A Dove
(absolutely amazing operatic death/black band which I can't understand I didn't fall completely for first time I heard them)

You disappoint me! ;) Hollenthon is awesome, I've been a fan since "With Vilest of Worms to Dwell". Opus Magnum was the album of the year of 2008 IMO :headbang:.

Some classmates: Doing a very boring presentation, they really don't have a clue on how to present and they don't know how to speak. Rubbish rubbish rubbish, when are they going to finish? :puke:

Space Pirate Captain Harlock: Opening Theme

:cry:

uchuu no umi wa ore no umi
ore no hateshinai akogare sa
chikyuu no uta wa ore no uta
ore no sutekirenu furusato sa
tomo yo ashita no nai hoshi to shitte mo
yahari mamotte tatakau no da
inochi wa sutete ore wa ikiru

uchuu no yami wa ore no yami
ore no hateshinai senjou sa
dokuro no hata wa ore no hata
ore no shin ni basho no mejirushi sa
tomo yo ashita no nai hoshi to natte mo
kimi wa chikyuu wo aishiteita
kono hoshi sutete yuki wa shinai

uchuu no kaze wa ore no kaze
ore no hateshinai sasurai sa
sorayuku fune wa ore no fune
ore no torawarenu tamashii sa
tomo yo ashita no nai hoshi to shiru kara
tada hirori de tatakau no da

OK, my turn:

Berit M. Oskal - Niillasa- Garen Anna.

I would really REALLY love to be able to find her CD in the US, but I have a feeling I won't be able to without paying the import pricing (and things from Norway are EXPENSIVE!!). It's called Mátki. I may just have to write her and say 'Hey. I'm a fan. How do I get your stuff despite living on the other side of the world?'.