The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

listening the whole Vintersorg discography :p but especially Cosmic Genesis to see how Jordpuls will be the natural evolution of that album..anyway i just found this in the interwebz:

EDIT: Kampfar is fucking awesome..and this song is EPIC!:headbang:

@NovembersDirge : plz do a review of Kampfar's Mare next mouth?:worship:notworthy and the new Varg (wolfskult) which will be released next week should be awesome thou! :loco::loco:

Last edited by a moderator:
I fully plan on reviewing the Kampfar record as soon as Napalm is willing to release the promos. I love Kampfar and have been really looking forward to this album, though it has been a tad overshadowed by my excitement for the new Vintersorg record.

Wow, it's been such a long time since I listened to them now, must go through their records soon again. What do you think of, or do you know, Valravn?
They're a Faroese / Danish band sounding quite similar to the most recent works of Garmarna, with the electronic influences. Quite nice from time to time, but I haven't delved deeper into what they do. Saw them live once though, warming up for Garmarna, and they kicked ass!

NP: Vintersorg - Världsaltets Fanfar

1298843759_acov_tid139760.jpg

Wow, it's been such a long time since I listened to them now, must go through their records soon again. What do you think of, or do you know, Valravn?
They're a Faroese / Danish band sounding quite similar to the most recent works of Garmarna, with the electronic influences. Quite nice from time to time, but I haven't delved deeper into what they do. Saw them live once though, warming up for Garmarna, and they kicked ass!

I have Valravns latest CD. Bought it in Torshavn@ The Faroes. Pretty awesome stuff! A bit like Björk meets Garmarna

NP: Vintersorg - Världsaltets Fanfar

Never heard of them, but I'll be sure to check it out. :)
Yeah, I've been a bit into Garmarna recently - it's a band that I tend to forget from time to time, only to get into them heavily once I do.

Too bad they completely lost it after "Vedergällningen" though... :cry:

Djöfull;9686968 said:
I have Valravns latest CD. Bought it in Torshavn@ The Faroes. Pretty awesome stuff! A bit like Björk meets Garmarna
yeah, that girl's voice really reminds me of Björk! I've seen Valravn live a couple of times, they are quite good! I love their version of the faroese traditional song Ólavur Riddararós which i knew as a Týr song. When i heard them play it live for the first time i thought: hey i know that song! :D It was great to hear another interpretation of it sung in Björk's voice! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It also doesn't bother me that the girl singing in Valravn is a whoa-whoa-whea-wha! Vehhnize!

I have Vedergällningen by Garmarna. Pretty interesting stuff I must say. Long time since I put it on rotation. Will do...

Djöfull;9687374 said:
I have Vedergällningen by Garmarna. Pretty interesting stuff I must say. Long time since I put it on rotation. Will do...

Yeah - it's good stuff! They had their peak with "Guds Spelemän" IMO

Yeah - it's good stuff! They had their peak with "Guds Spelemän" IMO

I was just listening to some songs of that one. Might get it one day. I can't find my Vedergällningen album, must be somewhere! Although I saw the Euchari video on youtube, weird and fun...

Never heard of them, but I'll be sure to check it out. :)
Yeah, I've been a bit into Garmarna recently - it's a band that I tend to forget from time to time, only to get into them heavily once I do.

Too bad they completely lost it after "Vedergällningen" though... :cry:
They had their peak with "Guds Spelemän" IMO

Quite agree on both the first and last point; first time I heard them was with Varulven on the Bergtagen compilation, after that i just had to check them out, ha ha!

Hildegard von Bingen is the only album I haven't got yet, but from what I've heard on the net, they seem to have gone a bit too far away from the folky stuff for my taste. Kick-ass live band though.
Oh yeah, and I'm also missing the re-release of their debut, have you heard that one? A bit curious as it suddenly turned into a double-disc...

NP: Paradise Lost - Symbol Of Life