The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

just listened to the new Moonsorrow... i'm disappointed :erk:
i know it's awesome, epic and stuff, just not as great as i expected... :( It doesn't beat the brilliant Verisäkeet (their very best imo), Kivenkantaja or V: Hävitetty. Even the latest release of the copycat Finsterforst made much greater impression on me... Anyway, it's still very good and i hope it will grow on me with more listens. :headbang:

just listened to the new Moonsorrow... i'm disappointed :erk:
i know it's awesome, epic and stuff, just not as great as i expected... :( It doesn't beat the brilliant Verisäkeet (their very best imo), Kivenkantaja or V: Hävitetty. Even the latest release of the copycat Finsterforst made much greater impression on me... Anyway, it's still very good and i hope it will grow on me with more listens. :headbang:

What how many times? It was amazing.

Also, did it leak?

just once so far. I suppose it leaked because my bf downloaded it today. I must say the quality of the rip was not very good, so it might make a difference... I know it's great, but it didn't blew my mind.

Haha I'm glad you say that because we usually differ in musical tastes, so I guess I'm going to love it.

But it's true nothing will best Kivenkantaja.

Now:

Red Hot Chilli Peppers: C'mon Girl

:headbang: one of my favourite bands.

Haha I'm glad you say that because we usually differ in musical tastes, so I guess I'm going to love it.

cannot remember the last time you disliked something i liked :p i'm just not so omnivorous as you are :lol: you did agree with me about the new Falkenbach. ;)
but yeah, i'm very picky!

Borknagar - Havoc
Universal (2010)

Has it really already been one year since the release of Universal??! How time flies... :loco:

Artesia - Llydaw
1239289985_folder300.jpg

cannot remember the last time you disliked something i liked :p i'm just not so omnivorous as you are :lol: you did agree with me about the new Falkenbach. ;)
but yeah, i'm very picky!

Haha true, I was mainly thinking about this:

Borknagar - Havoc
Universal (2010)

Has it really already been one year since the release of Universal??! How time flies... :loco:

Holy crap yeah, a year since Universal and We Are the Void. Time to create retrospective threads!

RHCP: By the Way

Okay, I've tried listening to Moonsorrow a couple of times earlier in my life but I've never been able to enjoy them. I don't really like finnish metal, apart from maybe Amorphis and Sentenced. Finnish folkmetal usually makes me :puke: and Finntroll and Korpiklaani might be the best examples of this.

Since it basicly was because of you guys and girls of this forum that made me love Solefald - I thought I'd try the same with Moonsorrow :p
And Moonsorrow seems to be a bit more "serious" than the bands I just mentioned.

So "Kivenkantaja" - is that the record to begin with?
And how many would say that it is so?
It's the one with the runestone in snow on the cover right?
If so, that is the record that I listened to a couple of years ago...

Okay, I've tried listening to Moonsorrow a couple of times earlier in my life but I've never been able to enjoy them. I don't really like finnish metal, apart from maybe Amorphis and Sentenced. Finnish folkmetal usually makes me :puke: and Finntroll and Korpiklaani might be the best examples of this.

I feel like Draugen... hehehe. I really like some Amorphis and Sentenced releases, but I'd never enjoyed with other finnish metal bands like Moonsorrow. Anyway, reading you people, I will try it again :loco:

NP: Burzum - Daudi Baldrs (1997) -> An overrated and boring album IMO.

I feel like Draugen... hehehe. I really like some Amorphis and Sentenced releases, but I'd never enjoyed with other finnish metal bands like Moonsorrow. Anyway, reading you people, I will try it again :loco:

NP: Burzum - Daudi Baldrs (1997) -> An overrated and boring album IMO.

Where's the like-button? :p

Shankao, if I remember correctly - this is not the first time that you and I have the same taste in music :headbang:

Where's the like-button? :p

Shankao, if I remember correctly - this is not the first time that you and I have the same taste in music :headbang:

Draugen, your memory works fine :lol:

I have thought the same reading your post...

It's curious, but when I listen a Finnish band, I usually detect that they are Finnish, though I don't know they're Finnish... I don't know if I explain it o_O

Since it basicly was because of you guys and girls of this forum that made me love Solefald - I thought I'd try the same with Moonsorrow :p
And Moonsorrow seems to be a bit more "serious" than the bands I just mentioned.

For me the record that got me into Moonsorrow was actually Hävitetty. I know a lot of people really love all those other records, but I think that Hävitetty is fucking genius. Verisäkeet is also excellent, as is Kivenkantaja. I actually like their old stuff but it's a little bit more like Finntroll or Månegarm. Had it not been for Verisäkeet they would have never really gotten to where they are now.

I love the fucking Finnish scene right now. It's one of the few scenes in the world that isn't looking backwards. The Swedish scene right now is full of 18 year olds playing fucking thrash metal and neo-cock rock. Puke. It's fucking annoying. Whereas Finland is definitely producing great bands and great records. In the last couple of years there has been some fantastic material. But I love Finnish folk metal/orchestral metal. Turisas, Crimfall, Finntroll, Moonsorrow. All of it. Also doom. Also melodic death metal. Pretty much Finland is actually the place where I want to be going to shows. :lol:

@Defiance: DEADLOCK SUCKS. HOLY FUCKING THIS IS LIKE THE SECOND WORST THING I'VE EVER HEARD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! WHAT THE HELL!?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, I guess you can start with that one. Many people think Verisäkeet is the best one, but for me Kivenkantaja will always be the best.

You're the first Swede that doesn't like something from Finland o_O .

Draugen, your memory works fine :lol:

I have thought the same reading your post...

It's curious, but when I listen a Finnish band, I usually detect that they are Finnish, though I don't know they're Finnish... I don't know if I explain it o_O

I imagined you with little antennae that started tingling the moment any Finnish band is played around you :lol: . *robo voice* Finnish alert, Finnish alert, must run away, must run away!

For me the record that got me into Moonsorrow was actually Hävitetty. I know a lot of people really love all those other records, but I think that Hävitetty is fucking genius. Verisäkeet is also excellent, as is Kivenkantaja. I actually like their old stuff but it's a little bit more like Finntroll or Månegarm. Had it not been for Verisäkeet they would have never really gotten to where they are now.

I love the fucking Finnish scene right now. It's one of the few scenes in the world that isn't looking backwards. The Swedish scene right now is full of 18 year olds playing fucking thrash metal and neo-cock rock. Puke. It's fucking annoying. Whereas Finland is definitely producing great bands and great records. In the last couple of years there has been some fantastic material. But I love Finnish folk metal/orchestral metal. Turisas, Crimfall, Finntroll, Moonsorrow. All of it. Also doom. Also melodic death metal. Pretty much Finland is actually the place where I want to be going to shows. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rwc3VGvlRY

@Defiance: DEADLOCK SUCKS. HOLY FUCKING THIS IS LIKE THE SECOND WORST THING I'VE EVER HEARD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! WHAT THE HELL!?

HOLY FUCK WHAT'RE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!? DID YOU WASH YOUR EARS LITTLE BOY?!? IT'S A WICKED ALBUM!!!!

Haha I can expect total destruction when I read the review. And you got new DAR, nice! Reitermania!!! These guys are brilliant; I love every single one of their records. (I even bought the "Licht" lamp haha :p.)

And Monty Python: :lol: , nothing can best them.

HOLY FUCK WHAT'RE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!? DID YOU WASH YOUR EARS LITTLE BOY?!? IT'S A WICKED ALBUM!!!!

Haha I can expect total destruction when I read the review. And you got new DAR, nice! Reitermania!!! These guys are brilliant; I love every single one of their records. (I even bought the "Licht" lamp haha :p.)

And Monty Python: :lol: , nothing can best them.

No, it fucking sucks. It's horrible. This woman can't sing and it's so overproduced I could die. Well, she can actually sing, but she's so fucking anonymous and worthless and her lyrics are worthy of 14 year old girls. And actually, that's an insult to 14 year old girls.

NP: Yaotl Mictlan - Dentro del Manto Gris de Chaac — I predicted this would happen and it is just as rad as I was expecting it to be.

No, it fucking sucks. It's horrible. This woman can't sing and it's so overproduced I could die. Well, she can actually sing, but she's so fucking anonymous and worthless and her lyrics are worthy of 14 year old girls. And actually, that's an insult to 14 year old girls.

NP: Yaotl Mictlan - Dentro del Manto Gris de Chaac — I predicted this would happen and it is just as rad as I was expecting it to be.

DON'T YOU DARE CRITICISE SABINE!!! :p