The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

06_disillusion_of_purity.jpg

it's ok, i understood that already... i am curious about why and how :) although only a few days of waiting left anyway so i guess i can decide for myself pretty soon now ^^

I know. Part of the reason that I haven't reviewed it yet is 'cause I'm really trying to like it. I've been a fan of Borknagar since I first heard The Olden Domain back when I was like 17 or 18.. and this is the first record that has completely felt lost on me. At first I just thought it was 'cause it was too much going on in the mix, and that it needed closer listens.. but now I feel like the whole record is just unfocused and hard to follow.

I know. Part of the reason that I haven't reviewed it yet is 'cause I'm really trying to like it. I've been a fan of Borknagar since I first heard The Olden Domain back when I was like 17 or 18.. and this is the first record that has completely felt lost on me. At first I just thought it was 'cause it was too much going on in the mix, and that it needed closer listens.. but now I feel like the whole record is just unfocused and hard to follow.
maybe you really shouldn't force yourself into liking it... i know the feeling: as a fan you know you have to like it but the common sense keeps telling you that you just don't... :( i always try to stay objective, no matter how much i loved the previous releases, with the result that i am often left disappointed...

I just listened to the Universal samples here and i already can hear that this won't be this epic release the band claims it to be... I've also been having blasphemous (for a Mr.V's fangirl as myself) thoughts for quite some time now that maybe at the end of the day Borknagar is much better off with Simen as full-time vocalist... Now i am afraid this record might prove this right... :err: I hope the whole album will still sound good to me though! Those samples are not much but it seems that there's enough potential for Universal to become an album i can enjoy.

Burzum - Belus.

After that, Borknagar - Universal (with 2 bonus traks).

Edit: I already heard both. After Universal ended, I laughed hard remembering the 'making of' videos. You'll be surprised, really.

Not as a review, just like a thought: It's hard to hear and understand it at its fullest just with a couple of spins, maybe it's the hardest listening I ever had with a Borknagar album, and I use the word hard not for my liking, I try to say that Universal is a complex concept, as the same suggests. You'll love it or hate it.

Not as a review, just like a thought: It's hard to hear and understand it at its fullest just with a couple of spins, maybe it's the hardest listening I ever had with a Borknagar album, and I use the word hard not for my liking, I try to say that Universal is a complex concept, as the same suggests. You'll love it or hate it.

Oh wow a grower, that's interesting. I never thought it'd be that, but I did think it'd be a love/hate album. Let's wait until it arrives and then I'll comment more thoroughly.

Dark Tranquillity: The Fatalist

I think the new album is going to be great, and better than Fiction :headbang: .