The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

Alkonost // On The Wings Of The Call

awesome new release of the arguably best folk metal band from the former USSR! :headbang: It's almost as catchy as the latest Amorphis release which is in my book a good thing :p Man, this year is gonna be tough in choosing the top 10... o_O

really? cool!
so there will be a 3rd album?

i don't know if it's a good idea to ask the band members where i can download the album! :lol:

Thanks for the message Draugen :)

Hi!
I have re-recorded and changed some details in the mix on När Solen Slocknar and Född Att Härska, and they will soon be available I hope. Working on the booklets now.

The third album is recorded, but needs to be properly mixed and mastered.
Right now I´m recording keyboard for the fourth album. 2 songs completed.
The third and fourth are recorded in studio and will hopefully have a higher quality to the sound.

Thanks for the message Draugen :)

Hi!
I have re-recorded and changed some details in the mix on När Solen Slocknar and Född Att Härska, and they will soon be available I hope. Working on the booklets now.

The third album is recorded, but needs to be properly mixed and mastered.
Right now I´m recording keyboard for the fourth album. 2 songs completed.
The third and fourth are recorded in studio and will hopefully have a higher quality to the sound.

wow you are like a music-machine! :lol:

thanks for the update!
so När Solen Slocknar isn't really an official release but instead a sort of demo? it's amazingly well done for being self produced, and the songs are fucking awesome and epic! i really loved it, i'm sad to have discovered to group only now.

wow you are like a music-machine! :lol:

thanks for the update!
so När Solen Slocknar isn't really an official release but instead a sort of demo? it's amazingly well done for being self produced, and the songs are fucking awesome and epic! i really loved it, i'm sad to have discovered to group only now.

Thank you!
I don´t really know what kind of release it should be called :)

Solefald - Fuck Talks
Pills Against The Ageless Ills (2001)

Good memories are coming back when listening to this album. Gotta love the beautiful ending of this song....
It's weird, but I think I've listened to this one by far the most often, although the first two albums are my favorites :loco:

As much as I love The Icelandic Odyssey, I hope the upcoming album is less "viking" and more avantgarde!!

As much as I love The Icelandic Odyssey, I hope the upcoming album is less "viking" and more avantgarde!!

I agree, but from what Cornelius has been saying on Facebook it seems like it's going to be at least a bit "viking". Thats fine by me, but the whole viking thing is so over used now.

Solefald - Fuck Talks
Pills Against The Ageless Ills (2001)

Good memories are coming back when listening to this album. Gotta love the beautiful ending of this song....
It's weird, but I think I've listened to this one by far the most often, although the first two albums are my favorites :loco:

I love viking-era Solefald, but the AG era is better IMO, it has a lot of criticism and anger.

I agree, but from what Cornelius has been saying on Facebook it seems like it's going to be at least a bit "viking". Thats fine by me, but the whole viking thing is so over used now.

Yes!!! Everyone is "hail Odin yada yada yada", it makes me sick. At the Amon Amarth gig here a guy said to the band (when they were signing) "see you in Valhalla!", and the entire band and I: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Dråpsnatt // Hymner Till Undergången

finally it's been released and i'm listening to the whole album!! not sure yet if it's better than I Denna Skog, but it's definitely not worse! just awesome BM :headbang: but i'll need more listens to really get it.

Dråpsnatt // Hymner Till Undergången

finally it's been released and i'm listening to the whole album!! not sure yet if it's better than I Denna Skog, but it's definitely not worse! just awesome BM :headbang: but i'll need more listens to really get it.

Yeah, Dråpsnatt is goddamn awesome.