The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

I do know some folk metal bands from South America but the only really good one for me is Uaral from Chile.

If you know some other good bands from SA, let me know.
I know a Viking/Folk/Black Metal band from Mexico called Ulveheim, check them out if you like. They are rather good, though nothing too spectacular. The funny (like in "weird") thing about them is that they sing in norwegian :loco: i have always wondered how grammatically correct their lyrics are and about their pronounciation... :lol: i know that trve norwegian BMers have been making fun of foregners trying to sing in norwegian (in that Black Metal Legacy docu) but oh well, since i'm not scandinavian i don't hear if their have terrible accent or make mistakes, so as long as the music is good why not. :)

About Primordial, I know I would like it if the band had another singer. The music is still very good.
i thought i was the only one feeling that way... how many times i heard the word blasphemy when i told people i know that i don't like Primordial... :Smug: i wish they had another vocalist! sadly, the Primordial clones i've heard so far, have the same kind of terrible vocals, too... :S

Hypocrisy - Roswell 47

Until Chaos, A.D., you mean. =)

Nope, until Arise. Chaos AD is the beginning of the end for Sepultura; the songs are too way simple, most of time is low-mid paced, most of solos are uninspired, etx. I like the percussion but as an album is sub-par to anything done before by the band IMO.

np: Hypocrisy - Weed Out The Weak

Nope, until Arise. Chaos AD is the beginning of the end for Sepultura; the songs are too way simple, most of time is low-mid paced, most of solos are uninspired, etx. I like the percussion but as an album is sub-par to anything done before by the band IMO.

Chaos A.D. is a pretty rockin' album. Gonna have to say Refuse / Resist and the Hunt (I know they didn't write it) are my two favorite Sepultura songs. It's not overall as good as Arise, but Refuse / Resist, the Hunt and Propaganda are all pretty awesome songs.

Tool - 10,000 Days (Wings Part 2)

Most people think like that, but I love Groove-era Sepultura. As Naglfar said, Refuse/Resist et al. are excellent songs.

Most people think like that, but I love Groove-era Sepultura. As Naglfar said, Refuse/Resist et al. are excellent songs.

Really? I thought most people likes Chaos AD.

shhhh... don't tell anyone I like Roots! I WILL HAVE MY LATIN AMERICAN METALHEAD CREDENTIALS CONFISCATED!

TSOL - Wash Away

I think the Roots idea wasn't bad on the paper, but the execution wasn't the best. I don't hate the album, since I can enjoy a good share of songs from it, but I can see that it could have been so much better, the same with Chaos AD.

np: Ne Obliviscaris - Forget Not

I'm the only person here who likes anything POST-Max, I'll bet. I really thought that the Dante XXI record was solid. I haven't liked anything else much, though.

Didn't like Roots, didn't like Chaos AD that much.. Liked their earlier stuff pretty well though.

NP: Akercocke - Antichrist — Love this fucking record.

NovembersDirge, thanks for the OF review, it was very good! Nice to read a review that focus on the album and not just write nonsence.

Just to keep on topic: N/P - Wodulf - ...From the Corpsegates

I'm the only person here who likes anything POST-Max, I'll bet. I really thought that the Dante XXI record was solid. I haven't liked anything else much, though.

Didn't like Roots, didn't like Chaos AD that much.. Liked their earlier stuff pretty well though.

Actually, you're not the only one. I do like every era of Sepultura, a rare case for sure. I love Dante XXI, and even if "Clockwork" was a weaker album, I thought it was nevertheless quite good (but you must have read the book/watched the movie to get it, for sure. Moloko mesto!).