The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

1000schøen- So Long
Yoshiwara (2005, I think..)

Drone ambient at it's best. I love the slow transitions from mellow to super heavy parts, and beautiful ethnic/tribal background sounds.
Maximum guitar amplification to create droning bliss à la Earth, Sunn O))), Nadja etc...? These German guys were doing it long before them.

is there any place where i can download or hear to Född Att Härska from Nattsmyg?
i'm totally loving När solen slocknar and i would like to listen to their second work but it seems there's no way to listen to it. on their myspace they uploaded just few songs.

Yeah good shit. But I'm definitely going to lose some black metal cred for liking Istapp - Blekinge better.. http://www.angrymetalguy.com/istapp-blekinge-review/ — One of the best melodic black/folk metal records since Till Fjälls. Just totally loving it.

:kickass::worship:

I totally agree with you on that one as well. I know one of the guys in the band (jag är från K-hamn och Istapp är ju från K-krona) and I also saw their one and only liveshow so far, which was really cool.
"I väntan på den absoluta nollpunkten" and "Bortgång Af Alvrödul" are killertracks!

is there any place where i can download or hear to Född Att Härska from Nattsmyg?
i'm totally loving När solen slocknar and i would like to listen to their second work but it seems there's no way to listen to it. on their myspace they uploaded just few songs.

I just did some guestvocals for Nattsmyg's upcoming stuff. Not sure of how much I can tell you otherwise. But I'll send Dan and mess and say that he has a question at the V-forum :p

I just did some guestvocals for Nattsmyg's upcoming stuff. Not sure of how much I can tell you otherwise. But I'll send Dan and mess and say that he has a question at the V-forum :p

really? cool!
so there will be a 3rd album?

i don't know if it's a good idea to ask the band members where i can download the album! :lol:

I totally agree with you on that one as well. I know one of the guys in the band (jag är från K-hamn och Istapp är ju från K-krona) and I also saw their one and only liveshow so far, which was really cool.
"I väntan på den absoluta nollpunkten" and "Bortgång Af Alvrödul" are killertracks!

Yes, yes, yes that record is fucking rockin'. :headbang: Which dude do you know? Is it true that one of the dudes is in Spawn of Possession? 'Cause it says that on Rate Your Music but I don't see corroborating evidence elsewhere. I've been singing "I väntan på den absoluta nollpunkten" pretty much non-stop since I first heard it. Just great.

NP: Tracking! Finally got a working mix, I think, and now the recording process continues. :headbang:

Yes, yes, yes that record is fucking rockin'. :headbang: Which dude do you know? Is it true that one of the dudes is in Spawn of Possession? 'Cause it says that on Rate Your Music but I don't see corroborating evidence elsewhere. I've been singing "I väntan på den absoluta nollpunkten" pretty much non-stop since I first heard it. Just great.

NP: Tracking! Finally got a working mix, I think, and now the recording process continues. :headbang:

The vocalist used to be in Spawn of Possession, but I think he left them in order to fully concentrate on Istapp.

Sopor Aeternus & The Ensemble Of Shadows: Memalon

I think this and "Flowers in Formaldehyde" are the best albums! :Rock: .

New SOPOR isn't very good, it got too commercial. No longer about the dead, but about chocolates. Is it maturity, a more commercial approach, or the, finally, loss of virginity?

Not sure of all records and stuff, but I know that http://www.nattsmyg.com/ is online again and that he got signed to Unexploded Records (same company that Skald is on;))

thanks for the link :p
i
'm curious, what exactly means nattsmyg?

from tyda.se:

smyg: wren
so night's wren can be one option.

but if i write nattsmyg in the search box the result of the reseach is:

nattsmyg: silverfish
a pretty weird name for a group :lol:

which one is the right translation?

thanks for the link :p
i
'm curious, what exactly means nattsmyg?

from tyda.se:

smyg: wren
so night's wren can be one option.

but if i write nattsmyg in the search box the result of the reseach is:

nattsmyg: silverfish
a pretty weird name for a group :lol:

which one is the right translation?

Haha, "Silverfish" would be the shit! :lol:
"Natt" is of course "night", while "smyg" comes from "smyga" - meaning "to sneak" or "to lurk".
I think the aim of the word is for it to mean "night sneak", but I'm not 100% sure.

Haha, "Silverfish" would be the shit! :lol:
"Natt" is of course "night", while "smyg" comes from "smyga" - meaning "to sneak" or "to lurk".
I think the aim of the word is for it to mean "night sneak", but I'm not 100% sure.

now it finally makes some sense :lol:

NP: Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2 soundracks.

Excellent soundtrack!!! I prefer 1 over 2, and DK Land 3's soundtrack was horrible IMO. But the bass of 1, as Sigurðr said, is really cool. Very simple (4 notes at the most?), but lots of fun to play.

Borknagar: The Wonder

I love Epic, but Universal is better. The band seems more relaxed and free to do what they want in the latter.