The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

Empyrium - Ode to Melancholy.

Finally they will release a brand new song after 8 years!!! it's called 'The Days Before The Fall'.

Yes! I also did read this. Cool!

Do you also know the 'new' songs after their normal albums which ones are featured on 'A retrospective...'? They did re-record 'The Franconian Woods in Winter's Silence' on that one and really like this version. Also 'Der Weiher' is a beautiful inspiring song.

Do you also know the 'new' songs after their normal albums which ones are featured on 'A retrospective...'? They did re-record 'The Franconian Woods in Winter's Silence' on that one and really like this version. Also 'Der Weiher' is a beautiful inspiring song.

My bad, I totally forgot about the 2 last tracks from A Retrospective...heck, I even have the ltd boxset!

Anyway, those songs are obvious leftovers-experiments from Weiland or even Noekk and they are very sub-par to the Empyrium legacy.

Empyrium - Ode to Melancholy.

Finally they will release a brand new song after 8 years!!! it's called 'The Days Before The Fall'.

REALLY?!?!? Ahhh this is brilliant! As you'd say: OH MY CTHULHU!

Yeah those songs are good too.

My bad, I totally forgot about the 2 last tracks from A Retrospective...heck, I even have the ltd boxset!

Anyway, those songs are obvious leftovers-experiments from Weiland or even Noekk and they are very sub-par to the Empyrium legacy.

I don't think they're "sub-par", but definitely not the best.

Oh yeah I've the boxset too, it's really nice! :) Probably the most luxurious box of a metal band that I have. I mean, it's "gold-embossed!" Hahaha.

BRILLIANT!!! The cover of compilation is very nice too, for some reason it reminds me of Waterhouse.

Massive Attack - Paradise Circus
Heligoland (2010)

Beautiful track, perhaps my favorite off the album. I can't wait to receive the triple LP collector's edition! :)

Oh son of a bitch. Did I just do the naughty? I got it in my e-mail. I had no idea it hadn't been announced and then I went and downloaded it. I should keep my mouth shut until these people release their press releases. It's just I've been enjoying the album so much already that I can't help myself. I wasn't as big a fan of Black as I was of Red, so I'm pretty happy about this.

I should go back and check their earlier stuff.

:lol:

Still no news from the duo or label as far as I know, but these days with all those social network sites that everyone's spending their entire day on, I can't be sure enough. Indie Recordings doesn't even have a "normal" website... :cry:

And I guess you and I are one of the few who actually enjoyed Red more than Black.

The Solefald title was announced a long time ago, the cover art is even released. No need to be afraid that the Indie henchmen are coming to take your kneecaps.

c1420768-b959-42eb-a2ed-293c0af989af.jpg

Edit: I just found the song titles at a webstore:

1 Song Til Stormen
2 Norrøn Livskunst
3 Tittentattenteksti
4 Stridsljod, (Blackabilly)
5 Eukalyptustreet
6 Raudedauden
7 Vitets Vidd I Verdi
8 Haugferdi
9 Waves Over Vallhalla (An Icelandic Odyssey part 3)
10 Til Heimen Yver Havet
Translations:
1 Song to the storm
2 Norse art of living
3 Tittentattenteksti [I'm guessing this is a made up word]
4 Battle sound, (Blackabilly)
5 The eucalyptus tree
6 The Red Death
7 [Maybe "Knowledge's Worth in the World" ]
8 Hill journey
10 To the Home Over the Ocean

Cool, thanks.

Do you remember when and where it was announced? I subscribed to Cornelius' newsletter ages ago, but haven't received anything for years.

Cool, thanks.

Do you remember when and where it was announced? I subscribed to Cornelius' newsletter ages ago, but haven't received anything for years.

At the end of this video Cornelius mentions it as a working title.

I can't remember when it was officially announced, but it was probably on Facebook.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Solefald title was announced a long time ago, the cover art is even released. No need to be afraid that the Indie henchmen are coming to take your kneecaps.

c1420768-b959-42eb-a2ed-293c0af989af.jpg

Edit: I just found the song titles at a webstore:

1 Song Til Stormen
2 Norrøn Livskunst
3 Tittentattenteksti
4 Stridsljod, (Blackabilly)
5 Eukalyptustreet
6 Raudedauden
7 Vitets Vidd I Verdi
8 Haugferdi
9 Waves Over Vallhalla (An Icelandic Odyssey part 3)
10 Til Heimen Yver Havet

Translations:
1 Song to the storm
2 Norse way of living
3 Tittentattenteksti [I'm guessing this is a made up word]
4 Battle sound, (Blackabilly)
5 The eucalyptus tree
6 The Red Death
7 [Maybe "Knowledge's Worth in the World" ]
8 Hill journey
10 To the Home Over the Ocean

Thanks a lot!!! I don't think the cover was released until recently, I hadn't seen it before. I'd completely forgotten about the title, though. Thanks for the valuable info, I can't wait!!!

Haha Tittentattenteksti, something to do with titties?

Seriously where does everyone find this Solefald info? solefald.no just links to their myspace.com which seems dead...I can't find this stuff anywhere. :cry:

A more accurate track list. I found this at a Ukrainian forum by googling around a bit. The 8. track is listed as "Hugferdi" here, not "Haugferdi" as it was in my previous post.. The correct translation is probably "Mind Journey" or something along those lines.

1. Song Til Stormen 04:56
2. Norrøn Livskunst 04:16
3. Tittentattenteksti 04:14
4. Stridsljod (Blackabilly) 05:49
5. Eukalyptustreet 09:24
6. Raudedauden 03:11
7. Vitets Vidd I Verdi 05:35
8. Hugferdi 05:53
9. Waves Over Vallhalla (An Icelandic Odyssey Part 3) 06:28
10. Til Heimen Yver Havet 04:15

Total playing time 54:01

@Kazaum: Solefald is using Facebook to announce stuff now.