The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

I have loved every Tristania album and I like this one too. However even though Mariangela has a great voice and she does fit in with the music on the album, I do miss hearing Vibeke sing.

I really didn't like the previous one, but I guess it wasn't that bad. I don't like the cover of the new one, I hate bands that put themselves in the cover; it's so original, right? I wonder what vibe the Spanish accent brings to the band, I'm intrigued.

Beautiful stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuOf25MojYo

That Tristania cover looks terrible.

^ A huge "yes" to both of the comments.

Tristania has always had great covers (maybe Ashes not so much), but this one is ugly IMO; I don't like how the body is "diffused". And again, I hate when band put members/the band itself in the cover. Not very original.

^ A huge "yes" to both of the comments.

Tristania has always had great covers (maybe Ashes not so much), but this one is ugly IMO; I don't like how the body is "diffused". And again, I hate when band put members/the band itself in the cover. Not very original.

not just that, it looks totally rubbish, unprofessional (besides the girl is not really beautiful to be on a cover). The title is totally Journey-wise.

not just that, it looks totally rubbish, unprofessional (besides the girl is not really beautiful to be on a cover). The title is totally Journey-wise.

I disagree on the "beauty" part since that's totally subjective ("beauty is in the eye of the beholder"), even if I agree that the girl is ugly :)p). But yes, the cover is very unprofessional; it states that there's no band and only the girl. Reminds me of The Gathering at the end of the Anneke era, only she appeared in the posters, or the rest were at the back and not discernible. I wonder if the guys know what "band" means. And they could get a bit more creative than that, for sure. Without doubt, worst Tristania cover ever.

I totally agree with you guys about the album cover, it is pretty bad. I disagree about her not being good looking though. However it is what's on the CD that matters the most and while it is nowhere near their first few albums it is still good.

155783.jpg

^^ Now this is an AMAZING album.

I really didn't like the previous one, but I guess it wasn't that bad. I don't like the cover of the new one, I hate bands that put themselves in the cover; it's so original, right? I wonder what vibe the Spanish accent brings to the band, I'm intrigued.

huh, well, guess I'm the only one who actually likes the cover :) and I thought she's Italian?

Can't say I really like the music, though.

I was never so much into this band, but today a friend sent me this link to check out:

It's the most shameless ripoff from At The Gates I've heard on my life. it's SOOO Slaughter of the soul that's hilarious and disgusting at the same time. Fuck this band.

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree with you guys about the album cover, it is pretty bad. I disagree about her not being good looking though. However it is what's on the CD that matters the most and while it is nowhere near their first few albums it is still good.

155783.jpg

^^ Now this is an AMAZING album.

I thought the album was pretty good, will listen to it again. They've a good balance between old Tristania and new Tristania.

Hey I haven't heard Angel Dust in a long time, thanks!

huh, well, guess I'm the only one who actually likes the cover :) and I thought she's Italian?

Can't say I really like the music, though.

Oh yeah she's Italian! Weird, I read that she was Spanish. Which is stupid, since she doesn't look like a Spaniard at all :p .

I was never so much into this band, but today a friend sent me this link to check out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhTBpVbQH3s

It's the most shameless ripoff from At The Gates I've heard on my life. it's SOOO Slaughter of the soul that's hilarious and disgusting at the same time. Fuck this band.

Oh, please stop. Why do you post stuff like this? As a melo-death fan, I feel insulted. I condemn you!

:lol:

But seriously, calling this band "rubbish" is an understatement. "Crap" comes closer, but I definitely feel the same hate for this band as with Epica. It's one of those hardcore/death bands that make my ears bleed. I want to chop my dick off. Why have my children live in a world like this? I'm dying. You've just killed me. Thank you.

And so, real music:

PS: That's from a iphone video, I know. Still pretty funny hehehehe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I also think Soilwork is pretty good, haven't heard the last two albums though, kinda grew out of this whole "melodeath" thing many years ago... My favorite off Natural Born Chaos is definitely "The Flameout".

np:
Global Communication - 14:31
76:14 (1994 / 2005 reissue)

Possibly and probably the best ambient album in my collection (but not the best "ever"... if only I could get hold of Michael Stearns' Planetary Unfolding :( ) Pff why am I even posting this on a UltimateMetal forum?! :lol:

Stormsterk: De Stille Jager

Hey Windwag, congrats to you!!! This is one hell of an acoustic/folkloric album!!! I love that it's totally acoustic, but that you include keyboards every now and then. I'll definitely buy it!

Cool, thanks man! Reactions from listeners are really positive so far, makes me feel good :)

And I'll wait for your order ;) thanks!

NP: Franz Liszt - Symphonic Poems :devil: