The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

Sorry for the double post but I just heard this and said: WTF!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEox_se6R8I

Cof covering Progenies? Pin-up Went Down is a guest? Shagrath is trying another way to get the Kovenant -animatronic feel? even if I had 0% faith on Demon Burger, this is ridiculous. A big fail on experimenting IMO.

Previous link doesn't work:

Agreed, WTF?!?! It sounds a lot like Cradle of Filth, and not the good CF!!! Fucking female vocals are bloody lame!

Shagrath, I suggest to listen to Hollenthon to understand what good black metal means!!! You can have chorus and female vocals, and not sound like the fart that this is.

The only "decent" part starts around 4:00, and only lasts about a minute. I guess Dimmu's last decent album was Puritanical.

And Allfader, it should be Emo Burger :lol: .

Last edited by a moderator:
Previous link doesn't work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5dwKf_p50k

Agreed, WTF?!?! It sounds a lot like Cradle of Filth, and not the good CF!!! Fucking female vocals are bloody lame!

Shagrath, I suggest to listen to Hollenthon to understand what good black metal means!!! You can have chorus and female vocals, and not sound like the fart that this is.

The only "decent" part starts around 4:00, and only lasts about a minute. I guess Dimmu's last decent album was Puritanical.

And Allfader, it should be Emo Burger :lol: .

Emo in a rave Burger, yes.

For the ones who have some hope on the album, this track seems to be indeed the 'Progenies' one, since it's the only one added as a bonus in orchestral version. That riff near 4 min is kinda decent but the lifeless production kills the only good moment of the song.

If dimmu wanna go gothic all the way and don't suck, Siebenbürgen's first albums are what they should hear too.

I rofled hard listening Shagrath's overprocessed spoken voice, trying to be evil and mysterious. Shaggy, I'm sorry but that's not spooky at all, not even for 12 year kids who plays ps3/xbox360 and hear on the games things far more creepy than you. At least CoF brought Pinhead to do the job, you know?

I just remembered the DM statement about this album... usually I don't pay so much attention to those 'THIS TIME the new album will kick your ass' kind of statements but with this kind of mediocrity you must have some balls to say those things about 'darkness has reborn' and stuff like that.

The last thing: this album features a song called 'Dimmu Borgir'. Usually the S/T songs on good bands are excellent and that's how it should be, but then again, will DM disgrace their own name with a shitty song?

np: Code - Resplendent Grotesque.

Shagrath is trying another way to get the Kovenant -animatronic feel? even if I had 0% faith on Demon Burger, this is ridiculous. A big fail on experimenting IMO.

Never been much of a Dimmu Borgir fan, but when did he try to sound like Animatronic? Would be something for me to check out for sure, as a huge fan of that album.
In my opinion, nothing and no one can capture the atmosphere on Animatronic anymore. Apart from The Kovenant's decision to alter their sound after the name change, another thing that affected that album was this pre-millennium tension that was going on all around the world back then.

Never been much of a Dimmu Borgir fan, but when did he try to sound like Animatronic?

I would say that Puritania is the most obvious, yet failed intent of getting some of the Kovenant sound. Lyrically, SBD is very Covenant -wise.

About this new song, in a way I think there's a (failed and twisted) Kovenant + CoF influence. The kitsch keyboards were used by both bands before, the gothic and thin female vocals too. Probably this 'new' Emo Burger is more influenced by CoF Godspeed's than Kovenant but for me they were always an active influence since SBD.

Emo in a rave Burger, yes.

For the ones who have some hope on the album, this track seems to be indeed the 'Progenies' one, since it's the only one added as a bonus in orchestral version. That riff near 4 min is kinda decent but the lifeless production kills the only good moment of the song.

If dimmu wanna go gothic all the way and don't suck, Siebenbürgen's first albums are what they should hear too.

I rofled hard listening Shagrath's overprocessed spoken voice, trying to be evil and mysterious. Shaggy, I'm sorry but that's not spooky at all, not even for 12 year kids who plays ps3/xbox360 and hear on the games things far more creepy than you. At least CoF brought Pinhead to do the job, you know?

I just remembered the DM statement about this album... usually I don't pay so much attention to those 'THIS TIME the new album will kick your ass' kind of statements but with this kind of mediocrity you must have some balls to say those things about 'darkness has reborn' and stuff like that.

The last thing: this album features a song called 'Dimmu Borgir'. Usually the S/T songs on good bands are excellent and that's how it should be, but then again, will DM disgrace their own name with a shitty song?

Agreed! The only thing left for the band is to crap on their own name :lol:.

Never been much of a Dimmu Borgir fan, but when did he try to sound like Animatronic? Would be something for me to check out for sure, as a huge fan of that album.
In my opinion, nothing and no one can capture the atmosphere on Animatronic anymore. Apart from The Kovenant's decision to alter their sound after the name change, another thing that affected that album was this pre-millennium tension that was going on all around the world back then.

To be honest Dimmu has never sounded like The Kovenant, I don't see the similarities that Allfader mentions. Perhaps he noticed something in the keyboards, but I really can't see much in common.

Judging from that one song (will I even listen to the entire album?) I say that the band wants to sound more like CF than Emo Burger.

And, for old time's sake, I now listen to this:

Dimmu Borgir: In Death's Embrace

Damn I love this song! :headbang:

EDT is definitely Dimmu's best album, they have a good balance between the old school and symphonic oriented styles.

This song alone is better than 90% of their last 2 albums combined, hopefully this is an indication of what the whole album is going to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Road Trippin'

I love this song! :Smokin: Very weird for RHCP, but great nonetheless.
- - -

Road trippin' with my two favorite allies
Fully loaded we got snacks and supplies
It's time to leave this town
It's time to steal away
Let's go get lost
Anywhere in the U.S.A.

Chorus:
Let's go get lost
Let's go get lost
Blue you sit so pretty
West of the one
Sparkle light with yellow icing
Just a mirror for the sun

These Smiling eyes are just a mirror for

So much has come before those battles lost and won
This life is shining more forever in the sun
Now let us check our heads
And let us check the surf
Staying high and dry's
More trouble than it's worth
In the sun

These Smiling eyes are just a mirror for

In Big Sur we take some time to linger on
We three hunky dories got our snakefinger on
Now let us drink the stars
It's time to steal away
Let's go get lost
Right here in the U.S.A

Chorus
Let's go get lost
Let's go get lost
Blue you sit so pretty
West of the one
Sparkle light with yellow icing
These smiling eyes are just a mirror for
These smiling eyes are just a mirror for
Your smiling eyes are just a mirror for

Red Harvest - On Sacred Ground
HyBreed (1996)

Working my way through their entire discography, currently listening to my favorite album.

Red Harvest 1989 - 2010

R.I.P. :cry: :worship: :headbang:

275563.jpg